“Good local lunch spot”

Cuisines: Philippine, Hawaiian
Description: We will be having a Mothers Day Brunch at 7am-2pm
Description: We will be having a Mothers Day Brunch at 7am-2pm
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Staff was friendly, food was great. Chicken katsu was a huge serving. Kalua pork needed a bit more meat, but tasted delicious.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I were staying at a condo nearby and ran out of food before our trip ended. We decided to head here for breakfast since it was in walking distance. We were created by one of the owners and her granddaughter. We got to pick our seats so of course our daughter chose the table right next to the giant fish tank. It was the perfect spot because she was entertained the entire meal!

I ordered her a pancake (which was $3.50 and huge!) My husband and I got to eat half of it too haha. I ordered the omelette with bacon and cheese. I could have chose a third option but that is all I was in the mood for. It also comes with a side, which I chose hashbrowns. My husband got the same thing but added sausage as well. They were a good size and also came with a very tasty side of papaya.

The omelette itself was delicious and a decent size. My hash browns tasted a tad cold and weren't anything spectacular. The pancake was thick and fluffy and definitely worth the money. We got water to drink, but they had a lot of fresh juice options as well as coffee.

The floor was kind of dirty, but they seemed very busy and somewhat short staffed. Obviously family owned and I am glad I was able to support them. I would definitely go back!

Overall, it was a good breakfast for the price. We left full and happy.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Located off Kuhio Hwy in a strip mall, this small cafe served delicious breakfast. It was a short drive from our hotel and we were very satisfied. Waffles for my wife an a omelet for myself. The food is worth the stop

Reviewed 6 July 2017

My wife had read a review of the Kauai Family Cafe in the local Kauai newspaper. It sounded like someplace we had to check it out. This is a Filipino restaurant run by the family. Not much to look at from the outside but the family running it were so friendly. The steered us to proper selections - I had the Loco Moco which is white rice, eggs, seasoned hamburger and gravy. It was delicious. We got our picture taken with the family including the daughter who was in the kitchen and they had her come out for the photo. You won't be disappointed for breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

The place is nothing to look at. A few tables and a big fish tank that needs cleaned. But the food is worth it. Everything was excellent. Highly recommend the chicken Adobo. Service was slow. Prices were very reasonable.

Been to Kauai Family Cafe? Share your experiences!