Periodically I travel back home (local) and stay at Plantation Hale. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. My daughter, three grandchildren and I stayed one night. I was embarressed that I chose this place for my grandchildren and daughter to stay for the night. When I opened the door the room smelled of fowl odor, musty and of pee. I immediately opened the sliding doors and turned on the ceiling fans and left the entry door open to get rid of the foul smell. It took a while. When the front desk said we were upgraded to a garden view, one would expected green and lush foliageand green grass, DO NOT EXPECT A GARDEN unless it starts to rain during the winter months....you may get LUSH GREEN GRASS THEN. Bathroom dirty, The grout on the ceramic floor tiles of the bathroom someone needs to take a toothbrush and clean it or spray it so it does not look BLACK or LIKE IT HAS NOT BEEN CLEANED IN A LONG TIME. Screen door leading to the so call Garden was difficult to move back and forth and took some doing to get it to slide. Had to ask for Coffee packets and was asked to come to the front desk and get it. Then it did not matter, the COFFEE MAKER did not work properly. AC unit noisy.
We were very hesitate to sleep on the bed and checked it to make sure the sheet was at least CLEAN.
"Newly Renovated" overstated - I have stayed here when it was NOT RENOVATED and I can say that the only thing I see changed is the countertop in the bathroom and new drapery.....other than these two things it is still old and outstaed and pretty much the same before such RENOVATION.
I used to live here on Kauai and I love our island, but this was an embarressment and disappointment. The only thing good about this place is the "Suite" and walking distance to eateries. Trust me, for the price it was not worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation Hale Suites is located in the heart of Kauai on the scenic Royal Coconut Coast and steps away from Waipouli Beach. Enjoy spacious one bedroom suite accommodations (738 sq ft) with the finest amenities such as full kitchens and private lanais. Suites sleep up to six people. High speed Wi Fi,Flat Screen LCD TV's with Cable (60 preimum channels)Blu-Ray DVD, Movie library,350 DVD's. Planation Hale has three outdoor pools,(4)picnic and BBQ areas, whirlpool spas, Shuffle Board. The resort offers several restaurants, full Concierge and Activities Desk, mini market, ATM, and a SPA. Located nearby, Golf, Tennis, Horseback Riding, Wailua River and Kayaking,Opaeka'a Falls, Waimea Canyon, Hiking Trails. Kauai's best location and value. great for a romantic getaway, or a family vacation. Our dedicated staff welcomes you with the true Aloha spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Plantation Hale Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Hale Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Kapaa Best Western
- Plantation Hale Suites Kauai, Hawaii - Kapaa