We stayed in a remodeled unit. The kitchen cupboards were not replaced as part of the remodel, but they received a new coat of paint. The shower was not replaced either. It was tired, but clean. The rest of the unit was fully remodeled, and was great. In particular, the living room furniture and dining room chairs were very comfortable.
We cooked nearly all of our meals at the unit, and we found the kitchen to be sufficient, and well enough stocked for basic cooking (it even had a toaster and blender). The bbqs on the grounds were also in good working order and convenient.
The hotel is in a convenient location. It is not on the beach, but it is a 100 yard walk through a vacant lot to get to the beach. Units on the 2nd floor should have a better view of the ocean than the ground floor units. Also, units perpendicular to the ocean on the 2nd floor should have a view of the ocean from the lanai.
The beach is a beautiful, fine sandy beach (great for beach walking). We spent lots of time walking the beach and it was nearly deserted every time. There are caution signs posted warning of currents etc. so we did not swim near the beach, but down the beach to the right is a small bay with a protected cove where we found swimming to be fine. There is also a trail on the top side of the beach the winds along the beach and through the various beach-side resorts.
The location of the hotel is convenient. It is right next to Coconut Marketplace (although Coconut Marketplace was closed the week we were there, reopening right after we left). There are also two grocery stores (Foodland and Safeway) just down the street; walking distance if needed. The hotel gave us a Foodland discount card when we checked in. Groceries are expensive at both stores, but that is true for Hawaii in general.
Our unit had two beds, both full size. They were comfortable, but if you need more room, we recommend requesting queen or king bed(s). The sofa in the living room was a pull-out, but we did not use it.
The staff were all friendly and accommodating, and the unit was clean and comfortable. It's not a fancy place, but the location is great and it was a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation Hale Suites is located in the heart of Kauai on the scenic Royal Coconut Coast and steps away from Waipouli Beach. Enjoy spacious one bedroom suite accommodations (738 sq ft) with the finest amenities such as full kitchens and private lanais. Suites sleep up to six people. High speed Wi Fi,Flat Screen LCD TV's with Cable (60 preimum channels)Blu-Ray DVD, Movie library,350 DVD's. Planation Hale has three outdoor pools,(4)picnic and BBQ areas, whirlpool spas, Shuffle Board. The resort offers several restaurants, full Concierge and Activities Desk, mini market, ATM, and a SPA. Located nearby, Golf, Tennis, Horseback Riding, Wailua River and Kayaking,Opaeka'a Falls, Waimea Canyon, Hiking Trails. Kauai's best location and value. great for a romantic getaway, or a family vacation. Our dedicated staff welcomes you with the true Aloha spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plantation Hale Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Hale Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Kapaa Best Western
- Plantation Hale Suites Kauai, Hawaii - Kapaa