Plantation Hale Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomcoconut marketplacescenic viewpools and hot tubsshort walktwo double bedsbusy highwaycentral locationa great place to stayroad noisefront desk stafflydgate beach parkacross the streetfarmers markethome away from homebit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Loved staying here! Went for our honeymoon. Surrounded by a few different resorts. Walking distance to the hub of downtown Kapaa! Enjoyed the culture and being able to walk to the beach. Close to markets and tons of restaurants! If you don't want to go out you can stay in and rent a variety of blu-ray or DVD right at the front desk. This place really had everything! Ask the concierge of shows or dinner specials in the area! Enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Tara B
Eric N, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Aloha Tara B,

Happy Honeymoon.... I was pleased to hear you loved it here at Plantation Hale Suites. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Kauai. Thank you for posting such a great review and a 5 star rating of our property.

Mahalo,

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We have never been to Hawaii. After hours of reading reviews who do you go with.
We choose Plantation Hale and have no regrets. Room was Nice, people were very nice. Thankyou Crystal and Holly. We really enjoyed the Kitchenette! Cut down on food expenses tremendously. I would certainly return without
hesitation. Kauai was beautiful.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank ADMOVERS
Eric N, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Aloha ADMOVERS,

I am glad you chose Plantation Hales Suites for your first time to Hawaii. I was thrilled to read in your review that you had no regrets as the rooms was nice and you enjoyed the great hospitality of our staff (I will share this with them).

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We are midway in a month-long stay at Plantation Hale. The location is good and the grounds, pool and barbecue areas are very well maintained. Too well maintained I might say because gas engines seem to be going all day every day. I'm ready for some peace.

The internet service is poor. Signal strength is very low and the staff says it is because they do not have routers in all rooms. Yesterday I couldn't even pick up a signal in their lobby and was instructed to call an outside service provider, spend my time diagnosing their problem. The poor signal returned after they hit their reset button.

My laptop is barely operable here and my iPad can't make an internet connection at all. If you rely on your computer to stay in touch, better find another spot to stay. I have complained about this twice at the desk and they seem not at all concerned.

I have repaired the kitchen cabinet door which fell off, the curtain rod which fell off and they kindly replaced the coffee pot which was broken when we arrived. I really wish I had upgraded to a little nicer place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Aloha Rwbman,

I must say I was disappointed we let you down with our internet service. We did have some challenges with the internet through our local internet provider, and they have since come out an addressed the issue we were having. I sincerely apologize as we do our best to ensure that our guests are satisfied and we strive to meet and exceed their expectations. We care very much about our guests and their comfort.

Thank you for posting your comments and rating for Plantation Hale Suites.

Mahalo,

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Although we tend to prefer VRBO-type places, this is one of the hotels we like a lot. The location is perfect, about equidistant timewise from Waimea or Hanalei (and not in Lihue), and only a few blocks from Long's and Foodland. Multiple pools on-site, or a short walk to a beach. Well laid-out and furnished rooms (it really is a suite), with a fully equipped kitchen (so the short trip to Foodland is even more worthwhile). The furnishings are somewhat dated, but the price is very good and the overall value is high. It's NOT a high-end resort in Poipu or Princeville, but then you aren't paying for one either. A very comfortable place that we have used several times in the past and will again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank JRote
Eric N, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Aloha JRote,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Plantation Hale Suites. I agree with you, the property is very centralized with a lot of shopping and dining just a walk away.

Thank you for posting such a good review. Look forward to seeing you the next time you are on the Garden Island. It is nice to receive such a good rating and comments from a Top Contributer.

Mahalo

Reviewed 12 January 2014

On our second trip to Kauai, my wife and I spent 6 days at Plantation Hale Suites. Our experience was great! We recommend the place and will definitely go back when we return to Kauai. We really like the central location in Kapaa, which makes it easy to drive south to Lihue or to Poipu (where most of the big resorts are), west to Waimea, or north to Princeville and Hanalei. Kapaa has easy access to groceries, restaurants, shopping, and more. Plantation Hale Suites is not a high end resort, but it is a terrific option for what it is -- a clean, comfortable, affordable, apartment-like place to stay on Kauai. Our suite featured a bedroom with 2 queen beds, living room with sofa sleeper and dinette set, full-equipped kitchen (which makes it easy to eat in), and bath. The complex has pools, hot tubs, outdoor grills, and free wifi. It is located next to the Coconut Marketplace shopping center and right across from Hukilau Lanai which is probably the best restaurant on Kauai. We were on the second level and so had a lanai with a view of the ocean about 150 yards away. The complex is not on the ocean, but it is a short walk to the beach. However, the beach there is not ordinarily recommended for swimming. But, it is close to Lydgate Beach Park, popular with locals and tourists alike, which has a sheltered swimming area, and it only takes about 30 minutes to drive to Poipu which is where we spent most of our beach time. The staff at the complex was friendly and helpful. The rates are affordable (what you might pay for a hotel room alone), and we got a discount (6th night free with 5 nights paid). It's hard to beat that!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James L

Aloha James L,

I am glad to hear you had a great time at the Plantation Hale Suites. You are correct, the property is centralized on Kauai and is located next to the Marketplace which has an array of shops and dining. I am glad you enjoyed staying in our one bedroom suites which has a separate bedroom and living room with a fully stocked kitchen. I will share with the staff the great comments about their hospitality and the cleanliness of your rooms while you were here.

Thank you for posting such a good review and a 5 star rating. Look forward to seeing you the next time you are on the Garden Island. It is nice to receive such a good rating and comments from a Senior Contributer.