“Nice hotel and very helpfull reception desk”

Plantation Hale Suites
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Kapaa
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
“Nice hotel and very helpfull reception desk”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed her for several days and the hotel was nice. What we appreciated the most were the friendly and helpfull people at the front desk. I suddenly needed to fill in a form for my job in the netherlands. I could print it out in the hotel, they scanned the form for me and sent it to my e-mail.

Barbara and Mark

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Eric N, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Aloha mark d,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and exceeded your expectations while staying at Plantation Hale Suites. Is always nice to hear when one of our staff members go above and beyond to take car of our customers.

Thank you for posting a good review on Trip Advisor. Look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Kauai...

Mahalo,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
West Jordan, Utah, Usa
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the comfortable and convenience of Plantation Hale. The pools, grounds and units were well kept. Located a short walk to the beach and close to shopping and places to eat. Staff members were very helpful in giving directions and suggestions for food and activities. Most important, the beds were comfortable! WE WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 89ChristineM
Eric N, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Aloha 89ChristineM,

I am glad you enjoyed the large one bedroom suites with separate living room & kitchen, landscaping, great staff, comfortable beds, and free parking at the Plantation Hale Suites.

Look forward to meeting you on your next trip to the Garden Island. I am always pleased to receive such a great rating from a Senior Reviewer.

Mahalo....
Victoria, BC, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is our 2nd trip to Plantation Hale. With an 11.00 PM arrival I was pleasantly surprised to find the lady at the front desk had stayed late to welcome us. This time our suite had views of the Sleeping Giant and the sea. Best location on Kauai. The staff by the end of our stay were all good friends. This is not 5 star luxury but it was sure great to have a fully equipped kitchen and space to spread out. The Coconut Marketplace is steps away and the General Store had the best prices on the island. Yes there is a lot of traffic on the highway. I took ear plugs to deaden the early morning rush hour. A minor concern. We shall definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor as the views are better.
1 Thank Gemma N
Aloha Gemma N,

Let me start by saying welcome back to Kauai... I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Plantation Hales Suites... I agree with you, I am fortunate to have all the wonderful staff here at the property. Thank you for the 5 star rating...

Mahalo....
Crookston, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was very glad to have the option to contact security to check-in after 11:00 p.m. upon our arrival on the island.
The location was good as we headed in different directions each day to take-in the beautiful scenery that is Kauai. Our suite was located facing the busy hwy. There were no pictures or interior décor that I noticed other suites having. The furniture was outdated and had a musty smell as well as the bedding on my bed the first couple of nights.
The housekeeping does a good job and the one time that I saw one of them, she was very friendly and sweet.
The lanai had very high foliage that obstructed any view. While there, they trimmed the foliage and then we could see the mountains. On the same day destruction was taking place on the beautiful lot full of palm trees next door. I heard that a drugstore was being built. This made for a lot of noise for the last half of our vacation days.
There were things that just all happened to be taking place during our stay that were probably expected without any specific dates. I am glad that we had options to jump in the car and go sight see as a quiet, relaxing atmosphere was not an option.
It is a decent place to stay and I may consider it again if I come to the island.

Aloha DebJ621,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Plantation Hale Suites. I agree with you, the property is very centralized with a lot of shopping and dining just a walk away.

Thanks again for posting a your comments about the Plantation hale Suites. Look forward to seeing you the next time you are on the beautiful island of Kauai.

Mahalo
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We just returned from our second trip to kauai and plantation hale. We were pleasantly surprised to enter our suite to find it had new furnishings and very nicely decorated. You really cant beat the accomodations for the price! No more musty smells now! As others have said, it would be nice to have a few more pans to cook with as I find eating in makes this an even better deal. Thanks PH for another wonderful visit..we will be back soon.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Aloha Jeanette H,
Let me start by saying welcome back to Kauai... I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Plantation Hales Suites... Thank you for the 5 star rating... Look forward to seeing you on your 3rd visit to Kauai. Give me a call whan you are heading back this way... Mahalo....
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This was our first trip to Kauai having been to Maui a couple of years ago. I was looking for a special place to spend my husband's “milestone” birthday. With lots of great advice from the travel forum, and a thorough reading of previously posted reviews, I narrowed my search down to the Kapaa area for the convenience of access to exploring all parts of the island and handy shopping close by. I opted to book a one week vacation package with Westjet Vacations which included airfare & accommodation at a good price for a facility that offered full kitchen facilities. Plantation Hale Suites fit the bill!

We knew we would be arriving after the reception desk closes at 11pm and were therefore pleased to be met by security staff who was waiting to gave us the entry card for suite H-15. This was a poolview unit on the second floor of building H with two double beds. Our suite appears to have had some recent upgrading in the way of fresh paint, new duvets & curtains, newer living and bedroom furniture and newer countertops in the kitchen & bathroom. It was spacious and the full kitchen was adequate despite the noisy fridge which ran constantly and the old stove which featured push buttons rather than a dial and somewhat temperamental burners. Microwave, toaster, coffee machine and blender worked like a charm! The few items missing from the kitchen (cutting board, dish cloth, dish towel) were provided within minutes of being requested. Internet connection was excellent thanks to the in suite router. Hot water with good pressure for showering was excellent but unfortunately the acrylic tub/shower combo unit has seen better days and badly needs to be replaced or refinished. Even the most meticulous cleaning of the shower tub unit still makes it look dirty and dingy. Maid service seemed a bit hit and miss. The sheets were not changed once during our 7 day stay but that could well have been our fault because we made the beds ourselves. We did appreciate the option to be environmentally friendly and re-use our towels rather than have them changed daily. The tiled area of the suite could have used a thorough damp mopping which it didn't get but the carpet was vacuumed regularly. The laundry room with coin operated machines on the first floor of building H was handy.

As other reviewers have said, the staff at Plantation Hale are second to none. Always a friendly hello, any and all questions answered, always helpful – true Aloha spirit! Holly at the Expedia tour desk next to reception was a joy to deal with and every suggestion she made was bang on.

One big plus for the Plantation Hale is the proximity to shopping. Everything you could need or want was within walking distance! I would go so far as to say that if exploring the island wasn't in your plans, you could save the expense of a car rental. We loved the farmers' market set up at the Coconut Market Place on Thursday morning for fresh fruits & veggies, the Foodland grocery store which gives a discount to PH guests and the Passion Cafe/Bakery where we bought our baked goods. Although we opted to prepare all of our own meals, there were many restaurants near by. The Expedia rep. has numerous discount coupons for several of the eateries as well as bike and snorkel equipment rental so make sure you touch bases with the rep. soon after your arrival.

I would not hesitate to recommend Plantation Hale, but unfortunately I would not return simply because the constant traffic noise from Hwy. 56 was unpleasant, especially at night. When we vacation in a tropical climate, we look forward to sleeping with the windows open. This was just not possible due to the noise. We also noticed construction fencing and heavy equipment being moved onto the presently vacant land next to the Plantation Hale. We suspect a new development of some kind is about to begin construction. How much daytime noise will be generated and how it will affect Plantation Hale guests remains to be seen. Unfortunately these noise issues are beyond the control of Plantation Hale staff and management but I feel I need to point them out if my review is to be considered an honest assessment of our stay. Thanks for reading!

6 Thank Kurtsoma
Eric N, General Manager at Plantation Hale Suites, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Aloha Kurtsoma,

I am glad you chose Plantation Hales Suites for your first time to Hawaii. I was thrilled to read in your review that you had no regrets as the rooms was nice and you enjoyed the great hospitality of our staff (I will share this with them).

Thank you for posting such a good review. Look forward to seeing you the next time you are on the Garden Island.
westlock
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This was our first trip to Kauai,after extensive research this looked like our best choice.
Right next to the Coconut Market Place;which has eateries and plenty of retail outlets.Across the street is a "non swimming beach" but awesome photo ops!
As the condo itself goes: Nicely groomed grounds, pools were clean,rooms were respectable.BBQ's on site was a plus.
When we arrived at check in we were told "oh we upgraded you to a king bed & a pool view" Thank You for that!!

1 Thank duanenapa
Aloha duanenapa,

I am glad to hear we exceeded your expectation when you arrived to the property with a king size bed and a pool view. The property is very centralized on the island and is very close to a lot of shops and restaurants near by. It is nice to hear we helped make your first trip to Kauai a memorable one. Look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Kauai. Thank you for posting good comments and a good rating for the Plantation Hale Suites.

Mahalo,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
Aston Islander on the Beach
Hotel Coral Reef
Hotel Coral Reef
#5 of 11 in Kapaa
Koloa Landing Resort

Been to Plantation Hale Suites? Share your experiences!