“This place is fabulous!”
Review of Kauai Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kapaa
Kauai Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Kapaa B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oregon City, Oregon
“This place is fabulous!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

When my husband and I travel we like to "live" in a place and not have a tourist experience, so we avoid big hotels and condos where everyone else is a tourist too. We spent 3 weeks at KCI and had an excellent experience. The Green Rose Suite was perfect for entertaining cousins who stayed in a different suite. We made good use of the well-stocked, full kitchen. We enjoyed drinks on the large veranda. And the bedroom was large and very comfortable. We also stayed in the Plumaria Suite for a week. It was also roomy, comfortable, and had a small, but well-equipped kitchen. The move between suites was made almost effortless by the staff. The staff, Hans and Trish, were so friendly and helpful. We looked forward to breakfast each morning and having a chance to chat with the other guests and with Hans. We would highly recommend this place and certainly will return to KCI if we go back to Kauai.

Room Tip: The Green Rose suite is the best!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Audria B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in February. We stayed in the plumeria suite& our only complaint is that we only stayed 1 night! I've never stayed at a B&B before, so I didn't realize that the pin code I wS given let me in the entire house & suite, but after I figured that out, we were good,lol.
The grounds are beautiful& the suite was amazing. We had our own private balcony, & the common area was so clean, comfortable & the other guests were very enjoyable. Our breakfast was just continental but all we needed. It was wonderful!! We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sintoy70
Alta Loma, California
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Kauai Country Inn for 6 of the 10 nights that we stayed in Kauai. I have to say that we were VERY impressed with the suite as well as the quality of service and accommodations we received while there. We stayed in the Orchid Suite which was perfect for the two of us (but could realistically sleep 4 people) and seemed even bigger because of the efficient utilization of space. The room was lovely and very clean. The sheets were soft and obviously high quality. The bedding was also perfect for the climate and the pillows were very comfy. The towels were plush and big (not like those tiny hotel towels) and all the seating was super comfy!

The continental breakfast was more than I expected…most mornings it consisted of a variety of oatmeals, cookies, muffins, croissants, any kind of toast you could want, yogurt, bagels, coffee, tea…even fresh fruit picked off the fruit trees on the grounds. They set out more food than probably all the guests could eat!

The Inn-keeper, Hans was most helpful. He was very kind and accommodating. He was very prompt in addressing requests and made us feel so welcome. We got married while we were there and I mentioned to him days prior to the wedding that I would be needing to use the steamer for my dress. He remembered! When I woke up the morning of my wedding, the steamer was waiting for me outside the door. Hans truly cares about the comfort of the guests and it is evident in the quality of service.

As mentioned earlier, I got married while here so I had guests coming and going. It was never an issue. My suite had it's own entrance and the room was more than spacious enough to accommodate everyone. At one point there were 10 people at my place for dinner. We even used the gas grill to cook for everyone which was right outside the room!

The cost of the stay per night is very reasonable. You can't find accommodations like this anywhere on the island for this amount. We stayed at a beach resort for the last four days of our stay and I have to say that the resort could not even begin to compare to the Kauai Country Inn. I was very pleased with our stay and would highly recommend staying here. If I go back to Kauai I will never stay anywhere but the Kauai Country Inn!

Room Tip: The Orchid Suite has a private entrance, private patio and lovely sun room. Also the gas grill is...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leticiavallejo
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The Inn was amazing, quiet, serene, staff was superb, would definetly stay again and recommend to all friends and family. Close enough to town, but still feels like in the country. All the comforts of home.

Room Tip: if you are looking to not eat out a lot, I recommend renting on of the suites that have full kitchen...
Green Features: lots of enviro applications, solar panels ,ect.. ., local plants for the gardens, waste is composted, tracks energy use
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shelley c
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Kauai Country Inn is a few miles inland from Kapaa yet easily accessible to the main road. We appreciated the quiet setting and that the other people who stayed here were mostly quiet. We stayed 6 nights in the Green Rose suite. The photos do not prepare you for the airy, spacious beauty and the homey yet elegant feel of the suite, with all its original paintings and carvings. The bed was very comfortable, and we loved waking to the sunrise, jungle sounds, and forest view. We even got used to the wild chickens (ubiquitous on Kauai).

Martina and Mike are the friendly owners, I appreciated that I could book by phone (though online is also available). Most of your contact will be with the manager, Hans, a lovely man. Hans is European and has the same sensibility for good coffee that I do. The coffee is brewed, but good enough that I did not miss my espresso.

Breakfast for us was mostly coffee and fruit just picked from the property. There is also tea, yogurt, and a variety of breads and pastries.

Don't miss Mike's tour of his Beatles' museum. Even more fun that the interesting artifacts are his stories about how he came to acquire them plus anything at all you want to know about Beatles lore. You need to book when you arrive.

We hope you enjoy as much as we did.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank E W
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights during our honeymoon and it was such a delightful experience! We actually extended our stay for an extra day as we loved it so much. The setting is simply serene, we stayed in the Plumeria suite and it literally felt like you were in the movie Avatar. The sounds of the birds chirping in the morning and the beautiful lush greenery right off your very own lanai was so peaceful to wake up to. I can't say enough about this beautiful little gem close to Kapa'a. Even the drive to the inn is quite something. The space is very well decorated and HUGE! I think its actually bigger than our condo in Vancouver! We were so sad to say goodbye and we will definitely be back. We've stayed in many B&B's and this one was by far our favorite. The free continental breakfast was a great way to meet and socialize with the other desks, not to mention the lovely staff and getting fresh starfruit and guava picked right off the trees with our breakfast - doesn't get fresher then that! Having a full kitchen to cook in was also very helpful. If you have any doubts about this place - don't. Just book it! You won't be disappointed. In fact I bet you will have a hard time leaving, like we did.

Room Tip: The Plumeria suite was lovely if you want to feel like you are waking up in the rainforest every mor...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelbugHugs
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This was our second visit to the Kauai Country Inn and to the Plumeria Suite. It is very spacious for a couple. There is a wrap around deck for this suite that puts you in a tropical forest. Really spectacular. The kitchen is complete. Definitely worth going to the grocery stores in town for food to save $ and/or not have to go to a restaurant 24/7. We didn't eat breakfast here...it's "meh," i.e. muffins. Inn keepers give a list of good places in town to eat. The Olympic Cafe & Java Kai are great for breakfast.
It is nice to get 'up country' to this place. You will be surrounded by the mountains. Definitely a good value.

Room Tip: Plumeria suite is very spacious for 2 people. The couch in the living room may be a bed for 1-2 mor...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
Kauai Shores Hotel
#5 of 11 in Kapaa
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Makai Club
#1 of 1 in Princeville

Been to Kauai Country Inn? Share your experiences!