“Very nice”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Kapaa
Nantucket
“Very nice”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This was our second trip to Hawaii. Our first time we stayed in Poipu and decided to try a different location. The resort is beautiful with lots of amenities. However we did like the Poipu location better.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Susan B
GEEnright, General Manager at Waipouli Beach Resort, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Aloha
The staff & I are thrilled you gave the Wailua / Kapaa destination a try. Many guests like our locale due to the easy access to both Princeville & Poipu, (40 min drives) the airport, (15mins) and shopping / dinning at non-resort prices. We hope you come stay with us again real soon.
Gregg Enright

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have been here two years in a row with my family of 4 and cant say anything bad. I chose this hotel due to its location, pool, surrounding grocery store, amazing rooms and high class kitchens. My first trip was unforgettable and we had a partial ocean view. The only complaint I have about that is we were directly behind a small outdoor kitchen so we heard dishes all day. The 2nd time, we upgraded to a ocean front room and it was a dream. I would just be careful and spend the $ for upgrade because some rooms face the parking lot and if you are in Hawaii, who wants to look at that? If you don't care about view and are on a budget, I would still be happy without a view for this hotel and location. I however need to see the ocean so I do suggest the upgrade.
We had a 2 bedroom both times and it was the perfect space for my family. I loved having the kitchen and safeway is right across the street so we were able to get some breakfast items and snacks, ect. so that we didn't have to eat out every single meal. There are some nice local places around, some within walking distance.
Perfect location. You can drive one way to get to Poipu or the other way to get to Princeville. Its pretty close to the airport centrally located in the middle of the island.
The staff was very pleasant and the pool was enjoyable. Nice atmosphere in the bar and a great walk on the beach. Its not a swimmable beach so keep this in mind.
They had like maple trees or something outside and everyday while walking to our room, I could smell maple and wanted breakfast. The grounds are well taken care of and I cant recommend this hotel enough! Definitely a great place to stay on Kauai.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can for a partial ocean view at least. (High floor or you could be looking at pool an...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank mark4027
WOW - thank you so much for taking the time out to post this wonderfulreview. The staff & mgmt try very hard everyday to ensure we go above & beyond expectations and it is always a joy to read about it when our guests leave us feeling like they truly spent time in paradise! Mahalo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2014

WOW! When can I come back to this property?!?! I have found my *spot* and will refer others to Waipouli and this condo. All correspondence with Anna and Rentini was quick and reliable. The condo itself was wonderful - everything you could possibly need. I was in building *G* and had mountain view and partial pool view. Easy to get to the parking lot. Safeway, Starbucks, Foodland, Longs Drugs, ABC Store across the street - perfect!!!

The location was absolutely perfect in Kapaa - easy to get to other parts of the island and quick to the airport. I loved having the keycode entry into the condo unit - didn't have to worry about *where is the key*? The condo was super clean, which is something that I look for wherever I stay. The kitchen is well equipped and the bathroom had enough linens, including facecloths. Even a supply of soap and shampoo/conditioner - which was great, since I was without luggage for 5 days!!!!!

I liked having the cooler with the ice packs, as it was great for driving trips to stock up with drinks and snacks. The bed was really comfortable. The A/C worked really well, as did the TV. I did not use the DVD player, so can't comment on that. It was great having the washer/dryer since I had no luggage - normally I wouldn't be doing laundry on holiday!!! haha.

The staff was soooo friendly, especially Kanani, the concierge, who helped me plan many excursions!!!! I loved the grounds of the property and the pool was fantastic - even did a few runs down the waterslides!!! I would definitely stay here again and I hope to do so in the future!! Mahalo for everything. It was perfect!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank hawaiiboundToronto
GEEnright, General Manager at Waipouli Beach Resort, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Aloha
The staff & I would like to thank you for taking the time out to post this review and we expect to see you back with us again real soon!
Mahalo
Port Alberni, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed here for two weeks in march 2014 with our two young children. Our condo was booked through ReMax Kauai. Having the on site pool is awesome and salt water chlorination is even better. the kids loved the waterslides and the sandy bottom kids pool. There is a beach at the property but its not good sand like most of the other beaches around the island. Great location with 24hr shopping directly across the street so doesn't matter what time you arrive but the street light can be a bit of a long wait. The other good thing about the location is that for exploring the island, its almost the same drive to either the north or south to the end of the road. We have very much enjoyed our time on the island and can't wait to be back. Our favorite beaches were Lydgate with the huge playground and protected swim waters and salt pond beach as its also is quite protected by natural volcanic rock. We also saw a monk seal resting on the sand here one day.

Room Tip: We stayed in room C105 and didn't encounter any noise at all. Next trip I would likely go for a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ahahswinis
Sidney, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We booked 2 weeks through Outrigger's associate, Great Hawaii Vacations and were told that the cleaning fee was $ 95. On checking out the front desk staff advised that it was $ 115. ( a 21% increase ) and that there was also a $ 12.per day RESORT FEE charge ( NO EXPLANATION ). This was apparently introduced in July, 2013- months before we booked.
As the resort had our AMEX card #, we were at their mercy ( NONE ) and were stiffed with the extra, UNDISCLOSED CHARGES TOTALLING $ 168. ( plus tax ).
We feel that we OUTRIGGER / GREAT HAWAII VACATIONS / WAIPOULI RESORT did a number on us by intentionally, or otherwise, not disclosing these extra and added charges.
It is a very bad business practise and one that we condemn.

Bryan and Phyllis Banks
B102

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank banks488
GEEnright, General Manager at Waipouli Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
ALoha
I am sorry I did not get the opportunity to speak to you while you were on property as I beleive we could've very easily come to a suitable arrangement. We do not hide any of our charges and when compared to other resorts of our distinction we find our rates, including these fees to be less than what the others are charging.
Again, I an sorry you left feeling disappointed, although I can assure you Outrigger has never operated in such a manner, and I know this first hand as I have worked for the company for 27 years.
If you wish to speak to me directly please contact the resort at 808 823 6000.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed in unit A201. We overlooked the pool. It wasn't noisy for us as we never had the doors open. Really missed not having a ceiling fan in the bedroom as the room got quite hot at night. Loved having the 2 bathrooms. Well appointed kitchen. Only has 1 TV in the living room, really could have used one in the bedroom as well. This resort really has no beach to speak of but it does have a great pool. Walking distance to supermarkets. Lots of traffic in Kapaa made getting across the street a long wait.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan Z
Woodinville, Washington
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed at the Outrigger Waipouli Beach Resort in one of the hotel rooms. It was small but fine for two people. Room included, small fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, comfortable King Bed, safe and an outside balcony. VERY CLEAN and I am very picky. The resort is centrally located so 30 minutes to Poipu or Princeville. Across the street from a Safeway and more importantly, there is a signal light so you can easily make a left turn out of the resort toward Poipu. Outrigger just started charging extra fees, (daily resort, cleaning fees during stay and after) Since I booked before fees started did not have to pay resort fee. We took our own garbage out and cleaned our own room while we stayed there so just paid the cleaning fee upon leaving. Resort right on rocky beach but sandy beaches short drives away. Staff helpful and friendly. Be sure to eat at Country Kitchen up the street in Kappa. Great food and reasonable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pickyone12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Koloa
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort

Been to Waipouli Beach Resort? Share your experiences!