Why skip Kauai Kayak’s tour of Wailua River and Waterfall?
· River was crowded with speed boats; it smelled like sewage
· Our Guide “only doing this for 3 weeks” lacked the insights, knowledge, and experience to make up for this dull adventure
· Hike consisted of a nose-to-tail walk on a trampled path to Secret Falls. The path featured rotting mangos and swarming fruit flies.
· “Secret Falls” was neither - more like an old shopping-mall fountain with crowds looking for a deal.
· An oily slick of sun tan lotion and bug spray covered the pool at the falls
View a picture at: SecretFalls
· Guide was “Eco-Brown” – after lunch he threw the lunch food scraps to the hoards of chickens - the only birds you’ll see
· Lunch on the chicken-poo covered rocks next to the ”falls”
· Our final reward, upon returning to the launch site, was to carry and load the kayaks onto the trailer.
Spend your $85 doing something else. Kauai is beautiful. We enjoyed other more scenic and pristine sites by ourselves (Secret Beach and Lava Pools, Waimea Canyon).
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.