This was our second time at Aston Islander on the Beach.
We had made reservations to stay in Poipu for a change, but, upon arrival there, we found our condo to be unsuitable and quickly scrambled to make reservations elsewhere for our five night stay.
Because we'd stayed at Islander on the Beach previously, we tried there first and were greeted (on the telephone) by the most gracious hostess, who went out of her way to arrange for our needs. We booked a lovely ocean front second floor room. We were even given the AAA discount, even with this late booking.
Rooms have a Queen size bed (we prefer a King) and are on the small side, but are lovely and clean. Warning: there are no elevators, so be sure to specify if you have special needs.
The only drawback this trip was the roofing project going on, so daytime noise from the construction was considerable. It didn't bother us much, because they close off the building they are working on and we weren't in our room that much during the daytime, anyway. And they warn you about the construction on their website, so we were aware before we booked.
The Coconut Marketplace is across the street with many shops and a couple eating places.
We would definitely happily return the next time we're on Kauai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a stunning oceanfront location, Aston Islander on the Beach offers true island hospitality with warm service and convenient amenities. Contemporary tropical-inspired guest rooms include air-conditioning and private balconies. Sitting on six acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, Aston Islander on the Beach features a sparkling pool with a poolside bar, lush gardens for strolling, and a beautiful beachfront location - popular for viewing Hawaiian monk seals. Enjoy the convenience of the adjacent Coconut Marketplace's 60 boutiques and restaurants. It's impressive oceanfront and plantation-style charm make this relaxing resort the most enticing retreat on Kauai. Please note: The hotel collects a daily amenity fee which includes DVD movies and Playstation 3 game rentals, Airport Shuttle service (must call hotel direct at least 24-72 hours in advance to make arrangements), a refreshing welcome drink per guest, daily newspaper, daily coffee and tea, in-room safe, WiFi internet, and local & toll-free calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aston Islander on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Islander On The Beach Hotel Kapaa
- Aston Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Resortquest Islander Beach Kauai
- Islander Beach Kauai
- Aston Islander On The Beach Kauai, Hawaii - Kapaa