Went to Kauai from 9/8/06 till 9/12/06. The trip was ok, cloudy intermittently.
The hotel was average, but clean. No elevator, so expect to flex your muscles to haul your luggage if you live on 3rd floor. Internet costs money at the lobby. You cannot swim at the beach outside the hotel, the current is quite strong. But, it a great hotel to watch some gorgeous sunrise. Pool is tiny, but you can find a few bbq grills next to the pool. Public laundry room is available, as well as daily newspaper. I had no problem with parking space; I was back to the hotel usually by 8pm.
On the good side, you can't beat the central location. 10-15 mins to Walmart, 5 mins to Food-land, Longs, and a variety of local restaurant. 1.5 hrs to Ke beach, 45 mins to the base of the road to Waimea Canyon.
In summary, it's a good budget hotel with A/C, you definitely want A/C since it can get humid in Kauai. Just don't expect any Hilton or 4 stars amenities here (no restaurant at the hotel).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a stunning oceanfront location, Aston Islander on the Beach offers true island hospitality with warm service and convenient amenities. Contemporary tropical-inspired guest rooms include air-conditioning and private balconies. Sitting on six acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, Aston Islander on the Beach features a sparkling pool with a poolside bar, lush gardens for strolling, and a beautiful beachfront location - popular for viewing Hawaiian monk seals. Enjoy the convenience of the adjacent Coconut Marketplace's 60 boutiques and restaurants. It's impressive oceanfront and plantation-style charm make this relaxing resort the most enticing retreat on Kauai. Please note: The hotel collects a daily amenity fee which includes DVD movies and Playstation 3 game rentals, Airport Shuttle service (must call hotel direct at least 24-72 hours in advance to make arrangements), a refreshing welcome drink per guest, daily newspaper, daily coffee and tea, in-room safe, WiFi internet, and local & toll-free calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aston Islander on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Islander On The Beach Hotel Kapaa
- Aston Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Resortquest Islander Beach Kauai
- Islander Beach Kauai
- Aston Islander On The Beach Kauai, Hawaii - Kapaa