I stayed at this hostel 11 and 12 years ago and only have fond memories of the facilities and people I met there. When I got the opportunity to return to Kauai for a few weeks I naturally booked my stay at this hostel again. I was pleasantly surprised to see that not a whole lot has changed. The lawns are nicely manicured and kept clean. There is a small garden behind the main house. The dorms have bunk-beds and you are provided with fresh linen upon arrival. The managers of the hostel, Bill and Autumn, are warm, hospitable, informative, friendly, organized, and kind. I understand that the hostel went through a very negative time with regards to cleanliness, service and reliability during the last Manager's tenure. This is quite unfortunate as it is a stark contrast to the amazing spirit of the island and the people that live there. Since Bill and Autumn have arrived they have worked very hard to bring back the "aloha" to this hostel. So far, they have redocorated and painted the private rooms and the dorm rooms are next. They had fresh coffee every morning and the facilities were clean and comfortable. I would stay here again in a second and would highly recommend it to any friends spending time on the island. Thanks for the good memories once again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha and welcome to our family owned, family operated 34 person hostel on the amazing island of Kaua'i! Our hostel has enforced quiet hours from 10pm-7am. We are not a party style hostel. We hope guests will take advantage of our low prices and quality service so that you may enjoy Kauai hikes and outdoor activities that are our premier location provides. Honu'ea International Hostel Kauai resides in the heart of Kapa'a Town, across the street from Kapa'a Beach Park! Take a stroll or bike down the 7 mile Ke Ala Hele Makalae ("The Path that Goes by the Coast") that stretches from Wailua Town past Kealia Beach Point with amazing surf and spectacular views! Or, do some shopping at some of the best locally owned shops on Kauai. Dine in amazing restaurants or cook your own food in our large, newly decorated kitchen/common areas. We have two dorm rooms with ten beds, women's only dorms, four private rooms (inside the dorms), and two deluxe rooms. All dorms have a private room and a shared bath en-suite. The two deluxe rooms are in the main house, share a bathroom and do not have restrictions on kitchen hours. We have common areas available to all registered guests that include lanai (covered patio), several garden seating areas, hammock and TV room. Snorkel gear, kayaks, and Free WiFi is provided for all registered guests. Please, registered guests and new check ins only. *We most always have room for walk-ins 3pm-9pm, aloha! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Honu'ea International Hostel Kauai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai International Hotel Kapaa
- Honu'Ea International Hostel Kauai Hawaii - Kapaa