If it weren't for my amazing experience in Kauai, I'd probably think a lot less of my stay at Honu'ea. The hostel provided what I needed, but is by no means top of the line. First the positives: the beds were super comfortable- if you are lucky, there will be a foam mattress available when you check in and you can snag it right up. Also, the hostel was located in a pretty good location. Big Dave Waves was right around the corner and many shops and other restaurants were within a 10 minute drive. In addition, I enjoyed the company at the hostel. It attracted people from all over and I had the best time socializing with these amazing people. The hostel does come with some down falls, however. There were many rules such as no shoes in the kitchen... which seems like a simple enough rule to follow, but when you have to walk outside to pass from your room to the kitchen, it's not exactly second nature to remember to take off your shoes. The quiet hours were strict too which was kind of a buzz kill at times. Most note worthy, though, were the cock roaches!! Lucky for me, I never saw one, but I heard plenty of buzz throughout the hostel about cock roaches appearing in peoples' food bags or in their bathrooms. Again I must reiterate, Kauai's too amazing of an island to really let any of that stuff get you down. If you need luxury, this is not the place, but if you're a no frills kind of traveler, I say go for it and you will not regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha and welcome to our family owned, family operated 34 person hostel on the amazing island of Kaua'i! Our hostel has enforced quiet hours from 10pm-7am. We are not a party style hostel. We hope guests will take advantage of our low prices and quality service so that you may enjoy Kauai hikes and outdoor activities that are our premier location provides. Honu'ea International Hostel Kauai resides in the heart of Kapa'a Town, across the street from Kapa'a Beach Park! Take a stroll or bike down the 7 mile Ke Ala Hele Makalae ("The Path that Goes by the Coast") that stretches from Wailua Town past Kealia Beach Point with amazing surf and spectacular views! Or, do some shopping at some of the best locally owned shops on Kauai. Dine in amazing restaurants or cook your own food in our large, newly decorated kitchen/common areas. We have two dorm rooms with ten beds, women's only dorms, four private rooms (inside the dorms), and two deluxe rooms. All dorms have a private room and a shared bath en-suite. The two deluxe rooms are in the main house, share a bathroom and do not have restrictions on kitchen hours. We have common areas available to all registered guests that include lanai (covered patio), several garden seating areas, hammock and TV room. Snorkel gear, kayaks, and Free WiFi is provided for all registered guests. Please, registered guests and new check ins only. *We most always have room for walk-ins 3pm-9pm, aloha! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and Booking.com so you can book your Honu'ea International Hostel Kauai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauai International Hotel Kapaa
- Honu'Ea International Hostel Kauai Hawaii - Kapaa