This is play is a diamond in the rough.
The room is dated and not the nicest, but it provides everything that you need. There are either 2 single or double beds per room. We had the singles and they were surprising comfortable. Our bathroom only had a standup shower, but had great water pressure from the shower head. There are ones that have a bathtub, but I think those rooms might be an upgrade. There is a mini fridge, hot plate, toaster, coffee maker and all the dishes, cutlery and pots that you need.
Every room has a private lanai which face the ocean. We lucked out and had a full front ocean view and watched the sunrise every morning. There is picnic tabes and loungers out on the lawn if you want to watch a little closer.
The main "lobby" has alcohol, snacks and laundry detergent and it is all reasonably priced.
We had maid service twice during the 8 days we were there and this was enough. There is on site laundry which is nice.
You can't beat the location. This is as close to ocean front you are going to get on the island. There is a beach, but we could not swim it was too rocky and strong waves. There is a mini mall right across the hi way and there is a food-land, Safeway, longs drugs, a sports bar, Starbucks, ABC store and a few others.
The pool was nice and was usually warm.
There are three barques but we never used them but others did. They were nice and newer models.
This is/was a timeshare and the 40 year leases are all running out this year and the future if it is unknown, but was told by a leasee that they will most likely remodel and reopen as a hotel.
Overall I was extremely impressed. It's not fancy, but provides a great place to stay with a great price and unbeatable location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mokihana of Kauai is located on the Coconut Coast of Kauai. All rooms are studio apartments with two twin beds, table and chairs. The complex has a heated swimming pool, shuffle board, tennis courts,and BBQs for your convenience. Mokihana is within walking distance of Safeway, Foodland, Starbucks, Subway, McDonalds, Long's Drugs and an ABC Store. The Bull Shed Restaurant is on site. Enjoy warm trade winds and a beautiful ocean view. Aloha! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mokihana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mokihana Of Kauai Hotel Kapaa
- Mokihana Kauai, Hawaii - Kapaa