1,939 results
All reviewsfire pitparking feeresort feevaulted ceilingsnightly entertainmentocean viewsmall balconyhot tubpool areafree mai taiper dayhotel restaurantnice propertyfree coffeeoceanfront roomopen airparking lot
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We spent 6 days in the hotel for my wife's birthday. This is our 3rd trip to Kauai and 10th trip to HI islands. We tried a package deal through United. The location in Kapa'a makes it easy to walk to restaurants, shopping and beaches. The staff generally is pleasant, a few behind the desk that can be a bit unfriendly, but otherwise a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
courtyardkauai, General Manager at Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2011

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Kauai at Coconut Beach. I am disappointed to hear the less than perfect comments about the staff. That is very unusual and I sincerely apologize for that experience. We promote "Hospitality with Aloha" here at the courtyard and we let you down. We hope you return soon so we can provide you an even better experience in the future!! Aloha

Reviewed 10 July 2011

Our room was lovely, clean, and comfortable. All of the friendly and helpful staff was truly the icing on the cake. We had great view of the pool and beach. We came to get married and have our honeymoon so we had a full week there and we had no complaints; we actually got married right down on the beach just outside the hotel. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here the last 3 nights we were visiting Kauai. The location is great for those that want to be close to shops and restaurants. It is on the ocean, but the water is too rough for swimming. The staff was great and very helpful. The room was a typical Courtyard by Marriot room, but slightly smaller.

Our favorite thing was the nice view from the swimming pool and bar. The worst hotel feature was the tiny lanai, barely big enough for 2 chairs.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tentucky

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate your business. Please make sure you ask for me next time you stay with us and I will ensure you get a larger lanai. we do have some a little smaller than others. We are very proud of our Courtyard views. This was one of the first areas improved with our $15 million dollar Transformation!! Mahalo

Reviewed 30 June 2011

Our experience with this hotel was overall positive. Our room was clean and very neat....no musty smells or anything that was overlooked by housekeeping. But....we didn't care for the a.c. at all. It clicked on and off intermittently all night with blasts of cold air directed at the beds. We had to turn it rather high to help the problem. The grounds were well kept. The pool area was hosed down and the pool itself was spotless. Noticed the wide walkway in front of the bar was regularly vacuumed for sand etc. We liked how there was a big jug of ice cold water with lemon/lime slices available in the lower level. Looked forward to a refreshing drink whenever we passed it. Even though there was some construction....for us it was not bothersome or noisy. They did the painting around the pool and vicinity in the early morning hours. The service was overall very good. The thing that stood out with this Marriott hotel was the cleanliness. Everything about it was clean.....from the sweet smelling bed linens to the scrubbed pool deck and grounds. Wouldn't hesitate to patronize this Courtyard Marriott hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
courtyardkauai, General Manager at Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2011

Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel. We have a great housekeeping staff that works hard everyday to exceed expectations. I will make sure your comments are shared with all team members. Hopefully you return soon!!! Mahalo for your business.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed at the Courtyard because we needed an extra two nights stay until we checked into our condo. It was a great stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Yes they are under some construction and remodel and the pool was closed but I felt they compensated us well for it. They did not charge for parking and provided free breakfast both days. If I had planned to be there for my whole stay I would have been really frustrated especially if I had kids with me. The workout room was small but worked fine. It is nice that they are right on the ocean and you can take a nice walk just out their back door. The room was spacious and comfortable. The deck we had was small with no real great view but for the deal we got I don't have one complaint. Our objective wasn't to hang out at the hotel anyways and I felt it lived up to Marriott standards. The beach it is on is not a swimming beach but nice for walking by.

Room Tip: Best room view is Ocean Front but cost more.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great comments. Many guests find us very convenient for pre and post condo stays. Hopefully you can stay longer with us next time. We appreciate the loyalty during the short time we had to close our pool area. We tried to do all we could to alleviate any inconvenience. You should see it now!!! Follow us on Facebook as we complete our $15 million dollar Transformation. Our new hot tub turned out awesome and our fitness center will be much larger and state of the art. I will share your comments with the team.....Mahalo and hope to see you again soon. Aloha