Yes this hotel is not a big resort in the more luxurious areas of Poipu and Princeville BUT we found it the most ideal place to base ourselves to see Kauai. The famous Na Pali coast is only an hour drive north and the amazing Waimea Canyon one hour to the south. This gave us ample time to get to many locations whilst then being able to get back to the hotel to spend a couple hours relaxing by the large pool and having a drink at the bar.
Many reviewers complain about the $14 daily parking fee but I simply saw this fee as a resort fee considering that they have tennis courts, a pool and very nice grounds with a nice variety of seating (hammocks, huge lounge couches, etc). The restaurant there was lovely to eat at with great service and the bar area has nightly entertainment. The local cultural group put on an evening show one night with dancing and music which was most memorable. So as mentioned that somewhat annoying $14 fee seems to be more of a worthwhile resort fee which I was more than happy to pay.
The room (executive ocean front) was large and well furnished although the bed a little bit soft to our liking. The bathroom is small but clean and well stocked. The lanai was small but it had a view. Make sure you pay for the Premium Ocean Front if you want a balcony directly facing the ocean. A mistake we made. Housekeeping were excellent.
Overall a great place to stay. Very close to many places to eat if you're not eating there, such as at Kapaa or the nearby Coconut Marketplace. Front desk staff were very good too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located on 10 beachfront acres amid a century-old coconut grove, this deluxe oceanfront resort hotel offers breathtaking views, spacious suites and open-air dining. Centrally located, many movie production crews choose to stay here as it's minutes from anywhere on the island. It's an excellent base to explore and discover the natural beauty that the Garden Island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Kauai At Coconut Beach Hotel Kapaa
- Aston Hotel Kapaa
- Resortquest Kauai Beach Makaiwa
- Aston Resort Kapaa
- Waipouli Beach
- Resort Quest Kauai
- Courtyard Kaua'i At Coconut Beach Kauai, Hawaii - Kapaa