Booked on the Marriott website. I would highly advise users to keep checking the price as it is subject to change, or they have package discounts. For instance, we started at $269/night. Because I continually checked prices, we finally ended up with $209/night. Not a bad deal at all.
This hotel is about a 10-15 minute drive from the airport, and is off the main road. Pretty easy to get to, lots of nearby grocery stores to hit for supplies. Sidebar: everyone on Kauai shops at Costco. For everything, including gas. Get a membership and shop there. Bonus...they sell liquor there too.
Front desk reception was quick and very friendly. You have two choices if you rented a car...$14 extra per day for "parking" or $20/day for a resort fee which includes two mediocre mai tai drinks per day. You're already on vacay...get the mai tais!
Hotel lobby and main areas are all open-air and wonderful. The pool area and really hot tub are nice, and there are usually plenty of places to sit poolside.
We had an executive oceanfront room on the 3rd floor. The room was ready early and was very clean on arrival.
The beach at the hotel is great for walking along, and getting several feet in but not more than that. There are some rocks and a reef so you can't go too far in, but otherwise it's nice.
After settling in, we hit the bar. There was a standout bartender named Nadia. She was absolutely fantastic. Very friendly, made great drinks, gave us great advice where to go during our visit. We tipped her extremely well every time we ordered drinks from her. Food ordered from the bar was actually pretty good, like the fish tacos.
Later we hit the hotel restaraunt. I'd recommend skipping it. The portions are kind of small and the prices are a little steep. I'd only eat there for breakfast and then only if it was comped. They serve free coffee in the lobby every morning, but if you go to the restaraunt they serve the exact same coffee but charge you $3. So get the free coffee to go, and find a cool local restaraunt to eat at instead. You'll probably get more for your money and at the same time, support the local businesses which is a cool thing.
I only have two complaints about this hotel. First...the air conditioner. Nobody tells you or makes it obviously known, but the sliding glass door that goes out to the lanai has a sensor on it. If the door is open too long, the A/C cuts off. Which, I understand. But...the sensor has to be in the right position even if the door is closed or else you get no A/C. I spent about 2 hours sweating before I figured it out one night and was a little irritated.
Lean beef #2...the beds. The good news is that if you have fun on Kauai, you'll be very tired and won't care that the beds suck. That being said...the beds are pretty bad. I felt the springs when I was laying on it. And I talked to several other guests who reported similar conditions. Yes, I'm sure buying a bunch of mattresses is a large expense, but in a hotel...kind of a necessity.
All in all...good location, great bar, decent beach, nice design, great price, lousy beds. If you're going to Kauai to do some exploring, this is your hotel. I really wouldn't stay anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located on 10 beachfront acres amid a century-old coconut grove, this deluxe oceanfront resort hotel offers breathtaking views, spacious suites and open-air dining. Centrally located, many movie production crews choose to stay here as it's minutes from anywhere on the island. It's an excellent base to explore and discover the natural beauty that the Garden Island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Kauai At Coconut Beach Hotel Kapaa
- Aston Hotel Kapaa
- Resortquest Kauai Beach Makaiwa
- Aston Resort Kapaa
- Waipouli Beach
- Resort Quest Kauai
- Courtyard Kaua'i At Coconut Beach Kauai, Hawaii - Kapaa