1,953 results
All reviews fire pit parking fee resort fee vaulted ceilings nightly entertainment ocean view small balcony hot tub pool area free mai tai per day hotel restaurant free coffee nice property oceanfront room open air parking lot
Reviewed 10 January 2018

This is a great option if you are planning to drive around to see Kauai. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Staff is helpful and friendly. The lobby bar serves great burgers and beer with reasonable prices. I will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2018

We just spent a week here and I would say it was "OK"

Pros:
- Great staff, very friendly and helpful
- Good central location - easy and convenient to Princeville/Hanalei to the north and Popui/Wimea to the south
- You can borrow beach chairs from the pool area to take off-site - very nice (although the first one was completely torn in the seat and thankfully I caught it before we walked away)

Cons:
- Its a bit dated and in need of a refresh
- Quite cramped. Rooms are small, bathrooms are very tight, balconies are tiny
- Kapaa area can be really high traffic at times (we were there over the New Year), so just getting away from hotel can be a task
- Pool area could use some more chairs and some of them with cushions are stained and not something you want to sit on

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Randy L
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel rooms are decent size and as expected in any courtyard Hotels elsewhere. The hotel itself is slightly beaten down and nothing like a resort style. There is a small swimming pool and bar by the beach and both are well maintained. We booked ocean view room but the first room we were given had partial view with a wall blocking the view . So next day we went and asked for a better room for the price we paid for ocean view and they moved us to a room facing the pool and the ocean. This was much better.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ichecku
AlohaAmbassadorTeam, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Aloha Ichecku,

Mahalo for taking the time to address your experience with us..

We hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Kapaa.

A hui hou,

Geri Guino

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Second hotel we stopped at on my tour of Hawaii and its Islands, I think I was only here for one night, I decided to forego the excursion in the evening which may of been a luau or fire-eaters or both as after the flight/travelling I couldn't be bothered, I remember the room being quite nice and spacious with a good balcony, would of been better to get a room at the back of the hotel facing the beach instead of the car park but I managed to get some dramatic shots of the sun setting and swaying palm trees, pretty sure there is only a big supermarket place nearby where you can get some snacks and what not, wasn't here long enough to have a proper look around.

Room Tip: try to get a room facing the beach not the car park.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Unfortunately this hotel fell far below our expectations. The first room we checked into smelled damp, the vents were filthy, and the bedding stained. We were transferred to another room after a two hour wait. The manager was nice however she never apologized. The breakfast staff was very friendly but again, the carpet was dirty and the railing was sticky.The hot tub water was murky and the pool needs resurfacing. I am surprised that Marriott tolerates this. I would never stay here again, as I work too hard for my money.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Sally C
AlohaAmbassadorTeam, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Aloha Sally C,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay.

Please accept our sincere apology for not meeting your expectation during your stay with us. I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that we will be going under renovation starting August of 2018 to improve our tired product. Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Kapaa.

Mahao Nui Loa,