“Nice energy”
Review of Anahata Sanctuary

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilauea
Anahata Sanctuary
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I stayed twice this year and enjoyed my experience at Anahata. It is a lovely space, very open, lots of fresh air and a nice grounded energy. My room was perfect for my needs and the bed was quite comfortable. The outside deck and day bed were a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the warm breezes. One of the things that I really appreciated as a single traveller was the opportunity to meet and connect with some of the other guests. I found Taj and Marc to be friendly and helpful and would certainly stay there again.

Peter

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter S

Reviewed 27 July 2012

I spent 11 weeks on the beautiful island of Kauai (Nov 2011 - Jan 2012) and the last 18 days of my holidays mainly together with a very good friend of mine at Taj's beautiful and inspiring Anahata Sanctuary, which is called a spiritual B&B for a reason: it's a great place to meet and connect with interesting, open-minded and sweet people from all over the world, to join evenings with live music or meditations, to take as much of a quiet time in the garden, the downstairs or upstairs patios, living rooms or in one of the beautiful rooms as you wish, to prepare your food in the spacious, fully equipped kitchen, to have a chat with other guests - or go and explore the island, the wonderful beaches up north (like Anini Beach, which is great for snorkelers, or the beautiful classic Hanalei Beach, which is great for surfers) or down south, go stand-up paddling, surfing, hiking - or to just relax on the cozy daybed on the upstairs patio. ;-)

Are you a foodie? Well, there is already plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in the lush garden, just ask Taj what you can pick - and you can buy your food supply nearby, e.g. in the natural food store "Healthy Hut" in Kilauea, the Kilauea farmer's market taking place every Thursday at 4:30 p.m. or one of the grocery stores in Princeville or Hanalei. Of course there's a variety of nice restaurants and bars in e.g. Hanalei, too, with great food you will love.

Taj, hypnotherapist and sound healer, and Marc are supportive and fun hosts with a highly aware lifestyle, who fully respect your personality and wishes.

I've spent a beautiful time and met dear new friends during my stay at the Anahata Sanctuary - including Taj and Marc, who have been visiting me in Europe in the meantime, too.

Thank you for everything, Taj and Marc! - I am looking forward to seeing you again! :-)

Room Tip: There is different rooms on different floors to chose from and even a sleeping temple in the lush ga...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I stayed one week at Anahata. I felt great appreciation for this beautiful, peaceful sanctuary space.
My hosts were so welcoming and generous with their attention to my comfort and needs. Both the house and the grounds are breathtaking. I met so many wonderful people who visited during my stay.
My room was extremely comfortable and the amenities such as outdoor Rain Showers and Far-infrared Sauna, oh, and the Day Bed on the upstairs deck, wonderfully decadent and relaxing.

The house is stocked with all the equipment, and more that I needed to cook in their lovely open-plan kitchen.

I was even able to cut fresh Aloe Vera from the garden for a touch of sunburn.... Ahhhhh!

I have no hesitation in recommending this lovely spot in Kilauea, so close to beaches and other great spots on the north shore of Kauai. I can hardly wait to spend time there again.

Room Tip: I chose the room with the private bathroom. The other rooms seemed most comfortable also.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My son and I had the most wonderful time at Anahata. From the start we felt very welcome and at home. Taj and Marc could not have been nicer to my son and me. The house is beautiful, bright, very clean, and comfortable. This was our first trip to Kauai so it was a blessing to have the support and suggestions about how to enjoy the island from Taj and the other guests. We can’t wait to return! Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Guided by my desire to find a place where I could rest while attending a workshop and at the same time discover new possibilities I searched online and quickly knew that the Anahata Sanctuary felt just right.

This gorgeous bed and breakfast is an open space of Love and comfort surrounded by lush gardens, singing birds and a quiet neighborhood right off Kauai's main road. I stayed in the
Jasmin Garden Suite, a spacious, quite bedroom with a private bathroom looking out to the gardens.

The option of breakfast for an additional $5 was a delicious plate of freshly cut papaya filled with wholesome granola, a side of sweet local cut-bananas and a choice of teas.

We had full use of the kitchen where at night all guests gathered to make their dinner and share their adventures of the day.

Taj, the owner, is a gifted crystal bowl sound healer and hypnotherapist (amongst other talents) who offers reasonably priced sessions. I had never experienced hypnotherapy and decided to do one. It was mind blowing!

Marc and Taj are lovely people who kindly make sure you are comfortable and always ready to answer sightseeing questions, offer tips on dining choices, or just engage in friendly conversation in their spacious living room.

My stay in this sanctuary was replenishing and felt like home away from home. I will definitely go back!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Taj and Marc have created a peaceful, healing environment on Kauai's gorgeous North Shore. There's a rare community atmosphere, but you also have privacy in your own room. The crystal bowl meditations were deeply relaxing; the organic vegetable garden was a delight. Come to Anahata for your own personal retreat, to be near the beautiful North Shore beaches, and to get back in touch with your beautiful self.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We had an awesome time during our three days at Taj & Marc's extremely peaceful and healing sanctuary .

Marc did the best breakfast in the world with French omelettes and fresh fruits from the garden . He is also an amazing Yoga teacher with a fantastic sense of humor .

The two ladies staying there with us took us to the best traditional spa where you truly could feel the ancient spirit of Kauai, as well as to wonderful lunch and food places .

We easily could see the entire island from the sanctuary : we simply drove a few miles to see the beautiful sunset on the North shores and all other magic places Kauai is known for, including a half day sunset dinner cruise on famous Napali Coast - we truly had only special moments there, because Kauai IS very special and the air filled with love, serenity and peace, which wakens up your awareness - you have no choice .

On top of that : Taj and Marc truly feel people and nature and you feel even more blessed, loved and one with the world the minute you enter the property - which you don't want to leave anymore .

It has my highest recommendation .

• Stayed: November 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilauea
Kauai Shores Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hanalei
The Palmwood
The Palmwood
#1 of 2 in Kilauea

Been to Anahata Sanctuary? Share your experiences!