“You will love this place”

The Garden Cafe at Common Ground
Price range: US$14 - US$15
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating
Description: Fresh Wholesome Healthy Organic Dishes Created From The Seasonal Crops Of Kauai's Best Farmers and Ranchers.
Hawaii
“You will love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Wow, I had not even heard of this place, as I commute from Big Island and mostly work. However, some friends from Oregon were staying at Kilauea and it was close. The cafe is located on the 500 acre farm where they grow the food we ate. I had the breakfast veggie omelet with encrusted, baked mini-potatoes. Delicious. Fresh. I want to make one of these on the big island. You are likely to see famous people there, I did.

1 Thank capncusp

Illinois
“Health food, nice salad but service is poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We ordered a seared ahi and double checked but the lady with the funny blue eyes put in our order and the ahi was over cooked. I tried a scone but it was brittle and the cranberries ok. No substitutes on the special, I wanted fries instead of Alfredo sauce and noodles -" No substitutes you can have ..." . Service could have been better, people were probably having a bad day. Black beans a little undercooked and rice too firm.

Houston
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

The Garden Cafe is part of an organic farm. Much of the food served is grown there. We saw many local people eating there, which speaks well of a restaurant. We ate there twice while visiting Kauai and would enjoy going back again. The meals are a bit pricey, but well worth it.

Dallas, Texas
“Expected more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was our first time to this restaurant. The grounds were beautiful. I ordered the chicken curry wrap. The greens were fresh and delicious. My wrap was "ok" , not enough chicken and there was very little sauce. For the price I expected more for my money.

Calgary
“Wholesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is delicious organic food grown, prepared and served on site. Love the concept. There is an excellent variety of choices to enjoy. The meals are quite large so can be shared for those who don't have a huge appetite. We went here straight from our arrival in Kauai and ate every morsel. Delicious! It is a lovely spot in the gardens with lots of birds to watch. Typical tropical location but well done.

It is expected that you clean up after yourself. Some customers have a problem with this concept. But if you are "green" you will enjoy this entire experience. Highly recommend and we will return.

• Visited April 2014