“Great Stop for a Refresher”

Banana Joe's Fruitstand
Ranked #1 of 8 Shopping in Kilauea
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My s-i-l read about this place in her guidebook, so we stopped in while we were all touring that side of the island. Keep a sharp lookout because we blew by it and had a long backtrack trying to figure out where it was. We each got a different smoothie or frosty, and everyone loved what they got. They also have a small selection of local produce.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Yummy smoothies and not so bad frosties. It does not matter if it a rainy or sunny you would be happy to stop there and buy their smoothies or fruits, or vegetables. Fresh! Good value! Thanks a lot!

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We really enjoyed the smoothies and frosties! They were very good, but you won't want more than a small frosty because it was very filling. All in all it was a great little place to stop. On this vacation, we really to seem to have scored on little shacks on the side of the road!

Reviewed 1 March 2013

After reading reviews, I couldn't wait to find this place and sample the frozen yummies for myself! I was very pleased! This mom & pop stand serves up fresh fruit smoothies and frosties, which are frozen fruit smoothie concoction like ice cream. I tried both, and they were excellent!
Also, you can pick up some fresh fruits, baked goods, and snacks to take back to your hotel. We bought a loaf of Hawaiian Sweet bread with pineapple. Yum!

Reviewed 21 February 2013

My wife would drive all the way from mainland just to get more frosty. It's not the chocolate malt from a well known fast food chain...it's better! Take frozen bananas and pineapple and shove it through a juicer and you get a creamy frozen cup of deliciousness!

I just hope they open one on the south shore!

1  Thank Charlie J