“Resort/Cottage is highly Misrepresented-”

Hale Pohaku Beachside Resort
Reviewed 23 January 2009

My husband and I have been to Poipu/Koloa many times. I found this property on line and WOW, did the manager/owner (Summer) ever misrepresent this property.
On our arrival while dark and late we stumbled around for 1/2 hour trying to locate our cottate. We were given a four digit code to enter into a box to retrive our key. After three phone calls I finally reached Summer and she said our cottage was the garage remodeled. It was down hill from there.
According to the website and after speaking with owner/manager(Summer)prior to our arrival , we were to have Egyptian Cotton bath towls, Luxury high thread designer bedding, stocked kitchen, boggie boards to use, iron and ironing board, games, books, entertainment center with CD player, etc etc. Needless to say, the bathroom towl rack was hanging on by one screw . We were given one decent towl, it goes on and on. I went to use the swimming pool one day, it was dirty, the pool chairs were muddy. While outside I spoke with a family who had rented another cottage and main house. They were very upset as well with the accomodations and felt ripped off.

I contact Summer and the housekeepng three times for clean towls and sheets. Never did I receive a return call back. Once they received our final payment believe me, that was the last time we saw them. This property was NOT a value at all. I was not expecting the Ritz as we did not pay Ritz prices, but clean towls, bedding, a few things mentioned on the web we were promised, would have been nice.

The only nice thing about this property was the location.

Never Again...Stay Clear

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank TobRic
halepohaku, Owner at Hale Pohaku Beachside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2009

As an owner, it's always difficult to respond to a guest's complaints without seeming ungracious or defensive. I would like to ask anyone thinking about staying with us to search for Hale Pohaku on TripAdvisor and you will find many, many positive comments about us (including how clean our units and pool are) in the forums here.

All of my guests receive two notices, one prior to their arrival and the other waiting for them when they check in, asking that they contact my housekeeping manager directly if they have any problems. This is because I have a medically fragile daughter, and there are times when I just can't respond to phone calls promptly.

This guest did speak with my housekeeping manager the day after their arrival and none of the complaints mentioned in her review were mentioned. No mentions were made of any need for towels or bedding.

The only complaint expressed to us by the guest was that she was staying in a studio and she had expected to stay in one of our 2 bedroom cottages. The only explanation we had for this problem was that she had made and paid for a reservation in the studio and not in the cottage.

Complaints about the towels, bedding, and cleanliness were not received while the guest stayed with us, but only began several days after her departure.

Please take the time to read other reviews about us on TripAdvisor before deciding against staying with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Koloa
The Kauai Inn
#8 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to Hale Pohaku Beachside Resort? Share your experiences!