“Great experience ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fathom Five Divers

Fathom Five Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Fathom Five is located just minutes from the most spectacular South shore diving on Kauai. Ocean Quest Watersports operates just minutes from the North shore and our favorite Kauai SCUBA shore diving location, Tunnels Beach . Having these two locations allows us to dive virtually anywhere on Kauai. We pride ourselves on our PADI 5 Star IDC rating and our excellent, experienced, & fun-loving staff who will do their utmost to make your dives with us the highlight of your vacation! We now feature full PADI eLearning courses which help you get to the fun of diving while learning at the pace you want!
Poipu, Hawaii
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great experience ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Dove with this operation twice. 3 tank and 2 tank. Great captains very good dive guides. All the south Kauai dive sites and they really listen to the customers input on where to dive. Very attentive they take care of everything. All you have to do is show up, fall in and blow bubbles while enjoying all the local sea creatures. Saw sharks, turtles, octopus, and tons of reef fish.

Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
“Certification with Fathom 5 was excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

The staff at Fathom 5 were fantastic - from my pre-trip email enquiries to the training and dives lead by Evan, who was an excellent instructor. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to go on a dive or learn to dive.

I found Fathom 5 through the recommendation of Lonely Planet. The authors pretended to be new divers and took lessons with all the shops and rated Fathom 5 #1. There are other good ones too I am sure, but you can't go wrong with Fathom 5.

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Fantastic Dive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Fathom Five not only led us on two great dives, but had excellent customer service. They arranged a drive for us to get from the shop to the harbour, which wasn't part of the package. Our dive master and boat captain were super friendly and approachable, with great knowledge about what we were seeing on our dives. The captain took us on a scenic route between dive sites, so we could appreciate some on- shore scenery too. Our dive master was great at judging when we needed to be near the mooring line, and let us go up as we got low on air, one at a time, so those who still had enough could stay below. Took us to two beautiful sites, with very distinctive coral formations. Highly recommend.

Stockton, California
“Great dive experience with Fathom Five!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We wanted to dive on our trip to Kauai but had not dove since 2002. We signed up for two refresher shore dives at Koloa Landing with dive instructor Lacey. She was wonderful - she thoroughly reviewed equipment operation, hand signals, safety procedures, and answered all our questions while easing our anxiety. During the dives she paid close attention to us while pointing out eels, sea turtles, a devil scorpion fish and more! We were impressed with Lacey's knowledge and patience - she made our experience so positive. We definitely recommend Fathom Dive!

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent instruction and dive center!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I just returned home from our trip to Kau'ai, where we dove with Fathom Five Divers, and I cannot say enough about what a positive experience we had! As a PADI divemaster myself, I had hoped that my husband could enroll in a PADI open water scuba class on our honeymoon. As it was our honeymoon, I was also hoping that we could dive together as much as possible. Sarah P, one of the managers at the shop, was incredibly helpful in emailing me and offering suggestions for how to schedule our week so that my husband could complete his certification and I could dive as much as possible. She outlined all of the options in a thoughtful and informative manner, and we arrived at a schedule that seemed to be the best fit for us. She was so helpful, and such a wonderful person to work with!

In addition to this, my husband's instructor, Dara G, was fantastic! My husband does not share my love of water, and she guided him through the skills in a way that allowed him to practice them even though he was quite nervous! She was incredibly informative, kind, fun to work with, and professional. Her dive instruction was superb, and she was kind enough to allow me to tag along on his open water dives (and kept it interesting for me!). She provided thorough briefings and instruction, and we had a great time with Brian and Charlie, the two boat captains, as well.

All of the staff at Fathom Five were fantastic, the equipment was new and in top condition, and they only take out 6 divers per boat dive, which is a real asset in terms of personal attention and safety. Cannot wait to dive with them again!

1 Thank Sarah F