“Amazing Tunnels Dive!!!”

Kauai Down Under Dive Team
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: SCUBA Dive Kauai with Kauai Down Under The “ALOHA SPIRIT” is what the staff at Kauai Down Under is all about! In the Hawaiian language, Aloha means affection, love, peace and compassion. Aloha has also come to be used as an English greeting to say hello, goodbye, and “I LOVE TO DIVE”. OK, maybe we added the last part! Kauai Down Under is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort. To have earned this rating, our company has demonstrated excellence in providing traveling scuba divers with memorable dive experiences, phenomenal customer service, an exceptional diver safety record and focus on underwater environmental awareness.
Sarasota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing Tunnels Dive!!!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing tunnels reef dive!! The formations were stunning. In addition to the beautiful and dramatic formations we swam with an extremely curious monk seal! Our dive master, Dave, was hilarious and informative. He took care of everything from setting up the tanks, BCS's wet suits and all other gear to providing snacks and drinks. A great experience. We highly recommend this dive company.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Pulicefarrow

Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“You rock mike!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

So what do you do when the weather is unpredictable in kauai!? we dived with Mike and got certified in scuba! Mike was absolutely amazing and taking care of all our needs. It was really a small group lesson and helped my wife and I out a whole lot. We really enjoyed our experience and will definitely dive with Kauai Downunder again!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank pulmccMD
Aptos, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic Dive Experience(s)!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I spent the first 2 weeks of March 2014 on the south side of Kauai, and dove with Kauai Down Under (KDU) for 10 dives throughout my stay. From the first to the last dive, KDU, and specifically dive master/instructor Greg Adams, took very special care to ensure each dive experience was exceptional. Weather, winds, wave activity and water clarity are all factors in diving. And they played a role for the first few scheduled dive days. We were shore diving from Koloa Landing, and recent rain and subsequent river runoff made for "chocolate water" conditions at the entrance to this dive site. But, Greg's extensive knowledge of the site provided for some great dives. He knew where to lead us, beyond the chocolate soup, to get to clear water and decent visibility. We saw an abundance of sea creatures, including nudibranchs, eels, turtles, an octopus, and so much more on every dive.

I also enjoyed boat dives with Greg leading the group, and Sean captaining the vessel. We had fantastic dives at Sheraton Caverns and Harbor Ledge (I think? or maybe it's Brennekes Ledge?). Sheraton Caverns was particularly memorable – I will definitely dive here again! Greg is by far the most meticulous, thorough and conscientious dive master I have ever had the pleasure of diving with. He is very tuned into each diver, paying specific attention to each individual, addressing their specific needs, concerns, questions, while keeping the whole group connected and enjoying the overall experience. He shared considerable knowledge about the resident creatures, and kept each dive group laughing with his dry and cerebral sense of humor. Sean shared a wealth of knowledge about Kauai and its environs; a home grown local is the perfect person to spread aloha spirit with traveling divers! Greg and Sean working together…. guarantees you will have a GREAT dive experience! Thank you, both of you. I can’t wait to return for more “warm water therapy”!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank DChristineK
Deer Lodge, Montana
“Scuba with Mike”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Mike was great and the dive was terrific. Highly recommend Mike very informative and local culture. Nice to dive in small groups.

Visited March 2014
Saskatoon, Canada
“great dive team”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I would like to thank Giallium for instructing my daughter through her open water certification. He was very professional and knowledgeable. I would also like to thank Derek. He took us on our open water dives and made sure we were entertained. He is also very knowledgeable about the aquatic life and made sure we talked about every detail of the dive in the debrief. I have dove with a lot of companies and this by far is the best!
Thanks Kauai Down Under