“Luxury Kauai”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Koloa
Regency Resorts Condominiums
U.S.A
“Luxury Kauai”
Reviewed 23 September 2008

I recently booked my Kauai Vacation with Kauai Travel Authority at LuxuryKauai.com. I had never been to Kauai before and I wanted it to be as memorable as possible especially since I was paying such a high to price to get there. I took my time in selecting a place to stay. I called and e-mailed back and forth with the people at LuxuryKauai.com just so I made sure I felt confindent in my decision and had all me questions anwsered. I am glad I did because I was very pleased with my stay at the Regency and the vacation overall. I got the best deal on my room which turned out to be more of a small house. There were two bedrooms with two bath. All new furnishings with granite countertops and big plasma tv's! I loved everything about my stay. It was just a short walk to the beach over a beautiful green path and I had my choice of which 3 pools I wanted to go to. I loved everything about the room and the grounds. I felt like I was truly at my home away from as they had all the amenitiies needed including a coffee maker!

• Liked — The Air Conditioning and cleaniness of rooms.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KauaiGurl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Austin, TX
Reviewed 5 September 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Regency Condominiums in Poipu, Kauai late August 2008 for 1 week. First of all, please note that the newer buildings are called Regency Villas and the older (5 years old) buildings are called Regency Condos. Also, note that this property is not located on the beach but there is a paved path and the walk is only about 10 minutes to Poipu Beach. The units are all air conditioned, regardless of building you are in, and the AC is definitely the big draw here since it is rare on this island. The 3 swimming pools are nice and hardly anyone was in them so it was tranquil. The grounds are lovely and well maintained.

We requested the newer building (Villas) and we were in a 2 bed/2 bath on the first floor in a beatiful brand new condo with gorgeous furnishings and modern, upscale appliances in the kitchen. The floors are travertine (no carpets except in the bedrooms). It looks beautiful but the problem was that the upstairs units are all 3, 4 or 5 bedrooms so they tend to be either large families or groups of adults ready to party. With no carpets and lots of people above you, it sounds like a herd of stameding buffalo, not to mention every time they come up and down the stairs, you hear every thud and thump. Add to that that they are hanging out on the balcony at night and you hear everything as if it is in the same room with you. It drove us crazy. We asked to be moved to a quieter unit and the only one available without someone above us was in the older building. We moved because we couldn't take the thumping. This is something to consider if you only need a 2 bedroom unit because all the 2 bedrooms are on the first floor. The older unit is nice but kind of a let down after being in the beautiful new one. It has older , less upscale furnishings, standard kitchen appliances (not upscale), no wireless internet (only corded), no assigned parking spots, no cordless phone (only corded), which was all the opposite of the newer unit. This was a bummer.

Overall, I would give this place an average rating. If you are in a large group and you get an upstairs unit, you'll love it because you'll be the one thumping around on someone else's head rather than the other way around. If you are not sensitive to that sort of thing, then you will probably love it here as well. As to be in the newer Villas. The price is reasonable and a good value, especially with the central air.

• Liked — air conditioning
  • Disliked — local on-site manager had no aloha spirit at all, never said welcome, never said let me know if you need anything, always acted like I was bothering her
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
6 Thank denisetraveler
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 21 July 2008

My husband and I with my 14 year old daughter and her friend stayed at 321 Regency right after Christmas for 10 days and we Loved it! The condo was terrific! It was beautifully appointed, and very spacious. We stayed in a 2 BR/2 BR with a loft, and we should have brought a couple more people! The Condo complex is just about a 5 minute walk to the Hyatt and about the same in the opposite direction to Poipou Beach which was great. The kitchen was well supplied and there's a stacked washer/dryer in the unit. It also had great beach supplies, chairs, umbrella's and boogie boards. We were greeted with lovely fresh flowers, and Hawaiian treats on your nightstand! We loved the condo and the location will stay at the Regency Condos whenever we go to Kauai and would DEFINITELY recommend it to others! Oh and we found it searching online at www.regency321.com which was booking it directly with the owners, and they were just great!

Linda Servat
Seattle

• Liked — location and comfort
  • Disliked — hmmmm, can't think of it.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank LindaServat
Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 July 2008

Our family of 6 (can sleep 8) stayed in this lovely condo. It is fully equipped, including kitchen, washer/dryer, beach towels and boogie boards. You have access to swimming pools on the property and the beach is a short walk away, as are the Marriott and Hyatt properties/beaches. It was a great place to relax inside or on one of the two Lanais after a day at the beach or exploring the island. There are restaurants within easy walking distance if you don't want to cook. In the condo everything was very clean, nicely decorated and in good condition. The property owner was very helpful and easy to work with. We would definitely stay there again! Please check out www.regency321.com for photos of the condo.

• Liked — clean, comfortable, access to beach
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 1 July 2008

We loved staying at Regency 321 this past Spring. The 3 bedroom was perfect for our group. The kids were so happy in the pool, and the beaches were wonderful. It is just a short stroll through the Poipu Kai grounds to the beach. We rented through: www.regency321.com. The place was so nice to come home to everyday after a long day at the beach. The condo is very roomy, and peaceful. With lots of beach amenities: beach chairs, beach umbrellas, and beach towels, coolers, boogie boards; everything we needed. The kitchen was well equipped, there were great comfortable beds, and the owners were a joy to work with. Can’t wait to go back!

Megan Weber
Oakland, CA

Stayed April 2007
2 Thank schooldog
Logan, Utah
Reviewed 29 April 2008

After spending two weeks at the Regency Resort on Kauai, I don't have a single complaint. Everything was wonderful! The condo at Regency was so nice. The staff were great and the unit was sparkling when we arrived. Everything we needed was there, soft fluffy towels, linens, fully equipped kitchen, cable tv, internet. The beds were great and I got a good nights sleep every night. The pool was just around the corner of our building, Po'ipu and Shipwreck beaches were a short walk, a shopping area is a little farther but you can still walk. The weather is amazing. Temperatures in April range from the low 70's at night the about 85 during the day. The trade winds blow almost constantly keeping the air fresh and cool. When it rains it is warm and not at all unpleasant. Most days were sunny with lovely white puffs of clouds skipping by in the blue, blue sky. Swimming at the beach was dreamy--the water is about 76 degrees and just the nicest blue. Large sea turtles will sometimes swim right up to you to check you out. Snorkling is so easy to learn and so much fun! You are just amazed to see the colorful fish swimming all around you. Gear can be rented from a number of businesses but it will cost you $5-10 per day for a quality outfit. Many outfitters advertise low weekly rates to get you in, but those rates are for poor quality gear. Make sure you know what to do if the outfitter closes early and you try to return the gear. You may be charged an extra day!

The air was just....the only way I can describe it is "soft". It really feels different. We had the Kauai Guidebook and found that to be very helpful. Of course, we wanted to see all the sights, so we traveled all over the island going to the different beaches, to Queen's Bath, Waimea Canyon, waterfalls. Some of us went on a dinner cruise along the Na Pali Coast and that was well worth it. But after all that traveling, we all decided that we liked the Po'ipu beach the best. It has everything, a childrens pool, surfing, swimming and snorkling. It was always beautiful and it was close to the condo. We arranged our trip through LuxuryKauai.com and they were very helpful. We definitely want to go back and recommend Regency Resort. You won't be disappointed!

• Liked — Very clean, luxurious, quiet, good beds, entertainment, fully equipped, just like home!
  • Disliked — I don't have any criticisms.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank SewingBugg
Irvine, CA
Reviewed 9 November 2007

My Wife and I wanted to revisit Kauai; after all, it had been 11 years since our honeymoon stay @ the Grand Hyatt. This time around, however, we wanted to avoid the hotel experience. After exploring numerous options on the Net, we chose to book our vacation via Suite Paradise. Suite Paradise placed us in one of their Regency Condominiums. From the moment we walked in the door for the 1st time, we knew we had made the right choice. Our condo was lovely throughout, from the beautifully appointed kitchen to the spacious living room (complete w/ flat screen TV & home theatre) to the master bedroom & master bath (beautifully adorned w/ seperate tub & shower). The decor is tasteful and warm and the a/c will keep you cool night & day. In addition to our fine accommodations, the staff @ Suite Paradise showered us w/ terrific service. My Wife and I felt like newlyweds again! Kauai is truly paradise...we will be back soon.

• Liked — Spacious & cozy.
  • Disliked — not enough space in master toilet area
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bluedrew88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Koloa
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Aston at Poipu Kai
Aston at Poipu Kai
#12 of 29 in Poipu

Been to Regency Resorts Condominiums? Share your experiences!