“The Regency at Poipu Kai - a mixed review.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Koloa
Regency Resorts Condominiums
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Booked this condo through Poipu Connections Realty. Ended up at Regency condos following a booking error so didn't get an ocean view condo at another complex that I would have preferred. Our unit in building 4 was a second floor, 3BR, 2.5BA condo that was clean and spacious. There is not much space between buildings so the lanai view was not great. The pool areas were small and not very inviting. The best thing about the condo was the short walk to Brennecke's Beach which had the best summer boogie boarding on Kauai (according to my 14-year-old son). At $195/nt in the summer, this is an economical choice for a family that wants a clean 3BR condo in Poipu. WiFi was free and fast. Next time I will pay more for an updated condo with an ocean view. The community pool for the Poipu Kai Resort can be used by Regency guests as is more inviting and comfortable. Guests also can have access to the resort tennis courts.

Room Tip: Check the photos of the complex and room prior to booking.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank s0ccerdad

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just got here to Kauai and checked in at the Popui Regency in room 911. Very nice accomodations except had NO air conditioning. Couldn't complain much since they were very clear when we made the reservations. However, since we have 2 small children, we asked to change rooms to an AC enabled room, it was a little more cost, but it's very nice. I really like this place and it's very close to the beach. walkable. Nice pool, nice grounds, worth the extra cost to stay in a 2 bedroom condo versus a traditional hotel.

Room Tip: seems like all the rooms are good, but we are glad we got one on the south side closer to the beach...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I booked through the Parrish Collection (which I would NOT recommend using). However; my 3 biggest problems with this place are as follows:

1.) I was told it was super nice and that it was overlooking garden and had a beautiful garden view. The view was a busy parking lot. Now, I don't know about you but this is something I wanted to know upfront being I could probably only afford to come to Kauai once in my lifetime. I was so disappointed.
2.) I was told there was a Queen bed upstairs. One of the other main reasons I booked it and had planned out in advance where everyone was sleeping. There was no queen, only a full.
3.) We had NO water 2 of the 4 days we stayed at the property. Zero Water. So, coming home from a day at the beach and heading to dinner we were bummed we had to go dirty.

The place was dated and dingy. Carpet yucky. They want you to take off your shoes when you walk in the door but we certainly didn't want to because the floors were sticky. Bathtub upstairs did not drain, no garbage bags, no broom and dust pan to sweep up sand, only a couple wash rags took over a day to get more. Never got broom that we asked for from Parrish Collection. Overall, just not what I was expecting.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This is a quiet, 4 Bedroom, 3 Bath Condo that was an excellent base for our stay in Kauai. Condo was well-maintained and fully furnished by the owner with everything we needed for our vacation, including high speed wireless internet. There are many pools and barbecues in the complex, the beach was within walking distance and we actually swam with the sea turtles. There is also a children's protected beach close by past Brennecke's Restaurant where you can snorkel on the shallow reef. Complex has tennis courts and everything was beautiful for our vacation the first week of April 2013. Poipu is a 30-minute drive to Waimea Canyon, 20-minutes to Port Allen but don't expect to sail to the Napali Coast during the Winter season; we booked the trip well in advance of our vacation only to arrive with 12 - 15 foot swells that prevented us from going, which is a common occurrence. Princeville and the Napali cost is about 75 to 90-minutes away and makes for a wonderful day trip and 2.2 mile trip hike on the Hanakapiai trail to a beautiful secluded beach. If you are up to it you can continue the full 11 miles (one-way). Hike is about an 8/10 on the difficulty scale so I would avoid taking small children. We booked our trip through Signature Kauai and read mixed reviews. However, we were actually contacted by the developer of the property and booked through him. I am glad we did because all the arrangements were perfect, as was unit 821. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the beach and away from the parking lot are the best.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jmcboiler
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We recently return from an 8 night stay at the Regency II Condos at Poipu Kai Resort and found the property to be average. It is an older property (I would say about 10-15 years old). Our individual unit was in building 6 unit 11 the entire was nice, granite countertops in the LARGE kitchen, a nice dining area, and a step down living room area with a sofa that had seen better days, but none the less was very comfortable. We had 2 bedrooms (each with a ceiling fan) and two bathrooms perfect for two couples or a family. We had several pool options, one right outside our door and another just behind the building we stayed in. Access to any of the pools on the gounds is with a key to get in and out and there was a hot/jacuzzi at each pool area as well as multipule BBQ areas.
We confirmed the condo through the Signature Kauai / Tropical Villas company based out of Utah. Given the poor reviews this particular company received, it made me EXTREMELY nervous prior to traveling not sure what I should expect to enounter. I am please to say that Signature Kauai did a fine job on their part communicating with me and any concerns I had prior to our arrival and would recommend using them and this particular unit to other potential guests.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terri W
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Please book at the Parrish collection for regency 821 at Poipu Kai to get the best unit and service. The unit was very clean and very responsive service. Unit is updated and close to beaches and shopping.Remember regency units have different management companies, do your home work. In my opinion The Parrish collection is by far the best. The lower units tend to be noisier so I would always pick an upstairs unit. They can be rented as a 2,3,4 bedroom. Also please remember if you are in a upper unit be respectful of the people below you.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My family and I stayed at the Regency Resorts Condominiums over Spring Break 2012. We booked through Signature Resorts (out of Utah). They also book the Regency Villas at a slightly higher rate. We did our booking online and were promised a Regency Villa unit. Because the properties are marked in a confusing way, it took us a few days after arrival to figure out that they'd placed us in the less expensive Regency Resorts. Our unit was entirely nice, but it looked out over a parking lot, not a pool. After emailing and calling repeatedly, they finally got back to me (a day before we were to leave) to agree that they owed us more than $500 for being in an inferior accomodation. Today, two months later, I am still trying to obtain the money they owe us. I've left three emails and three voice mails and none have been answered. I would not book through Signature again. Moreover, I think their customer service is terrible. Two days before we were to arrive, I had not received a confirmation of our booking. I called multiple times. They finally sent my paperwork. When I asked where we were to go, they said someone would meet us at the airport. Upon arrival, I called the number they had given me. The contact said she'd meet us at the property and gave us mediocre directions on how to get there. When we got to the parking lot, she drove up to me, rolled down her window, passed me a key and pointed to our unit, with no further clarification. This was one of the major reasons we did not know we were in the wrong complex for days. All in all, there was little Aloha spirit in our interaction with Signature Kauai. Book elsewhere!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank TravelingM0m_3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Koloa
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to Regency Resorts Condominiums? Share your experiences!