“Just Beware...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Koloa
Regency Resorts Condominiums
Seattle
“Just Beware...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2009

Don't do it! We booked here after researching many condo's online. We really wanted air conditioning and a clean quiet unit. Our condo was neither one of these. We stayed in a ground floor unit #814 and our friends were in #813. Both units were very noisy, it sounded like the people above were stomping on the floor. I think they were walking normally because our friends reported the same problem in their unit. We complained about the noise to the manager and it didn't help any, no offer to allow us to move to a different unit. When the mirrors on the walls are vibrating from the stomping above in the morning, you don't wake up very happy.

Our unit's carpet was in bad condition. It was ripped and torn and stained, it had 2 burn mark imprints from irons in the bedroom and living area. Our unit did not have a plasma TV or nice furniture. The unit next door did, it was very well appointed and clean, however the noise from above was the same.

I was told that we would be getting a few supplies to start with such as salt and pepper etc. We got a pepper shaker ( picnic kind) and a big salt container with no shaker. You had to pour it in your hand to put it on your food. We soon purchased a salt and pepper shaker. Everything was just done cheaply...even the DISHWASHER LIQUID WAS DILUTED with water! Be prepared to buy everything but laundry detergent. Our friends had better luck with having a supply of sponges and non dilluted dishwashing liquid etc.

The air conditioner was working off and on in both units. We called and our friends called the manager and it was never fixed. Two light bulbs were burned out when we arrived and we search for replacements and could not find any, so we called to ask where they were located. We were told that they were locked up and we would need to wait for maintenance to arrive to replace the bulbs. We waited and no one came. We called again the next day and they had forgot and then sent someone over to replace the bulb.

Make sure if you decide to come here to beware of the noise and I would make sure you do not get #814. The unit next door #813 is much nicer but still way too noisy!

On the bright side Kauai is beautiful and the south side of the island is the best! Don't miss snorkeling at The Beach House beach and mai tai's at Keioke's Paradise and Brunch at the Grand Hyatt. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt last time and it was wonderful but expensive.

Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kalamazoo, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2008

Pros:
The condo was absolutely gorgeous. The furniture and the decor were beautiful and the grounds were very well kept. It was extremely spacious and we were pleasantly surprised to find that the second bedroom had a king sized bed and an attached bathroom (we were expecting 2 combined twin beds and a family bath). The bed was very comfortable and the condo had every amenity that we could have asked for. The location was great - we expected the 5-10 minute walk to the ocean.

Cons:
When we arrived that evening at Regency Condos, the code we were given for the electronic keypad did not work. We contacted the property manager, who acted like she assumed we were entering it incorrectly. She gave us a 'master' code and promised to come by the next day to take a look. We later found a piece of paper left by who we assumed to be the previous occupant, and on it was a door code. We tried it and it worked - leading us to assume that Regency never changed the code before our stay.

The condo itself was poorly cleaned before our arrival. In addition to the paper left behind by the previous guest, we also found hair in the "clean" towels and bed linens and there were dirty dishes in the dishwasher. When we called to complain, the property manager apologized but did not offer any compensation. We had to ask for a waiver of the $50 cleaning fee and she did comply. Someone came by the next day to replace the sheets and towels and to wash the dishes - that night, we luckily found an extra set of sheets (the actual clean ones intended for the bed, perhaps?).

I was very nervous about the potential noise from the condo above (we were in a ground-level unit) and was relieved each day that it was unoccupied. Mid-week, some employees came to work on the condo above. It sounded like elephants were going up and down the outside stairs and moving around up there! I could not even imagine enduring that noise all week long!

Overall:
We were disappointed in the careless preparation for our arrival, but very pleased with the condo itself and the high-end amenities it offered. I would only recommend Regency Condos to someone who could be guaranteed an upper unit - I would not want to risk having to endure thunderous noise from above during a stay in paradise.

• Liked — Amenities
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness, noise from above
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
4 Thank travelgirl2716
U.S.A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2008

I recently booked my Kauai Vacation with Kauai Travel Authority at LuxuryKauai.com. I had never been to Kauai before and I wanted it to be as memorable as possible especially since I was paying such a high to price to get there. I took my time in selecting a place to stay. I called and e-mailed back and forth with the people at LuxuryKauai.com just so I made sure I felt confindent in my decision and had all me questions anwsered. I am glad I did because I was very pleased with my stay at the Regency and the vacation overall. I got the best deal on my room which turned out to be more of a small house. There were two bedrooms with two bath. All new furnishings with granite countertops and big plasma tv's! I loved everything about my stay. It was just a short walk to the beach over a beautiful green path and I had my choice of which 3 pools I wanted to go to. I loved everything about the room and the grounds. I felt like I was truly at my home away from as they had all the amenitiies needed including a coffee maker!

• Liked — The Air Conditioning and cleaniness of rooms.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KauaiGurl
Austin, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Regency Condominiums in Poipu, Kauai late August 2008 for 1 week. First of all, please note that the newer buildings are called Regency Villas and the older (5 years old) buildings are called Regency Condos. Also, note that this property is not located on the beach but there is a paved path and the walk is only about 10 minutes to Poipu Beach. The units are all air conditioned, regardless of building you are in, and the AC is definitely the big draw here since it is rare on this island. The 3 swimming pools are nice and hardly anyone was in them so it was tranquil. The grounds are lovely and well maintained.

We requested the newer building (Villas) and we were in a 2 bed/2 bath on the first floor in a beatiful brand new condo with gorgeous furnishings and modern, upscale appliances in the kitchen. The floors are travertine (no carpets except in the bedrooms). It looks beautiful but the problem was that the upstairs units are all 3, 4 or 5 bedrooms so they tend to be either large families or groups of adults ready to party. With no carpets and lots of people above you, it sounds like a herd of stameding buffalo, not to mention every time they come up and down the stairs, you hear every thud and thump. Add to that that they are hanging out on the balcony at night and you hear everything as if it is in the same room with you. It drove us crazy. We asked to be moved to a quieter unit and the only one available without someone above us was in the older building. We moved because we couldn't take the thumping. This is something to consider if you only need a 2 bedroom unit because all the 2 bedrooms are on the first floor. The older unit is nice but kind of a let down after being in the beautiful new one. It has older , less upscale furnishings, standard kitchen appliances (not upscale), no wireless internet (only corded), no assigned parking spots, no cordless phone (only corded), which was all the opposite of the newer unit. This was a bummer.

Overall, I would give this place an average rating. If you are in a large group and you get an upstairs unit, you'll love it because you'll be the one thumping around on someone else's head rather than the other way around. If you are not sensitive to that sort of thing, then you will probably love it here as well. As to be in the newer Villas. The price is reasonable and a good value, especially with the central air.

• Liked — air conditioning
  • Disliked — local on-site manager had no aloha spirit at all, never said welcome, never said let me know if you need anything, always acted like I was bothering her
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
6 Thank denisetraveler
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2008

My husband and I with my 14 year old daughter and her friend stayed at 321 Regency right after Christmas for 10 days and we Loved it! The condo was terrific! It was beautifully appointed, and very spacious. We stayed in a 2 BR/2 BR with a loft, and we should have brought a couple more people! The Condo complex is just about a 5 minute walk to the Hyatt and about the same in the opposite direction to Poipou Beach which was great. The kitchen was well supplied and there's a stacked washer/dryer in the unit. It also had great beach supplies, chairs, umbrella's and boogie boards. We were greeted with lovely fresh flowers, and Hawaiian treats on your nightstand! We loved the condo and the location will stay at the Regency Condos whenever we go to Kauai and would DEFINITELY recommend it to others! Oh and we found it searching online at www.regency321.com which was booking it directly with the owners, and they were just great!

Linda Servat
Seattle

• Liked — location and comfort
  • Disliked — hmmmm, can't think of it.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank LindaServat
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2008

Our family of 6 (can sleep 8) stayed in this lovely condo. It is fully equipped, including kitchen, washer/dryer, beach towels and boogie boards. You have access to swimming pools on the property and the beach is a short walk away, as are the Marriott and Hyatt properties/beaches. It was a great place to relax inside or on one of the two Lanais after a day at the beach or exploring the island. There are restaurants within easy walking distance if you don't want to cook. In the condo everything was very clean, nicely decorated and in good condition. The property owner was very helpful and easy to work with. We would definitely stay there again! Please check out www.regency321.com for photos of the condo.

• Liked — clean, comfortable, access to beach
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Oakland, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2008

We loved staying at Regency 321 this past Spring. The 3 bedroom was perfect for our group. The kids were so happy in the pool, and the beaches were wonderful. It is just a short stroll through the Poipu Kai grounds to the beach. We rented through: www.regency321.com. The place was so nice to come home to everyday after a long day at the beach. The condo is very roomy, and peaceful. With lots of beach amenities: beach chairs, beach umbrellas, and beach towels, coolers, boogie boards; everything we needed. The kitchen was well equipped, there were great comfortable beds, and the owners were a joy to work with. Can’t wait to go back!

Megan Weber
Oakland, CA

Stayed April 2007
2 Thank schooldog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Koloa
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,226 reviews
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Aston at Poipu Kai
Aston at Poipu Kai
#12 of 30 in Poipu

Been to Regency Resorts Condominiums? Share your experiences!