“Average food, quick service”
Review of Poipu Tropical Burgers - CLOSED

Poipu Tropical Burgers
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The food is pretty average with a wide variety of burgers and other dishes. I had the chicken stir fry which was pretty bland on top of ramen type fried noodles, a minimal amount of chicken. We were tired after a long hike so it was nice to get in and out quickly and there's a great gelato place nearby.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I went to Tropical Burgers to have a burger, and hear some music. The service was quick and attentive. The burgers were good but not great--nothing special. The music was also just OK. Would not eat there again.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The burgers here tasted like burned grease. My wife did not even finish half of hers. Our mouths got a nice waxy feeling that lasted most of the afternoon. The service was also un-attentive, but not as bad as the food. Even the chocolate milkshake was poor, more like chocolate milk, and barely cold. I wish there was something positive I could say about this place, but I can't figure out what that would be.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Waitress sat our family of 4 right next to other family of 4 each with two small kids and we were the only ones in the whole place. She came back to take our order after only a minute. We said we needed more time so she stood there and waited I guess. Forgot to get me my drink and it was warm and flat when it showed up. Burgers were average at best. Cooked well but so many toppings you couldn't really taste anything specific. Waitress dropped the check before we finished and we decided to pay and just leave. Not on my recommend list.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I went and ate here while we were in Kauai. It was a pretty good burger for a pretty good price. While it wasn't the best burger I have ever had it was pretty good and came topped with a lot of different cheeses, sauces, etc. It did have a lot of good flavors and included some nice Hawaiian touches (pineapple, mango, etc.) to make me feel a little less guilty about eating just another hamburger while in Hawaii.
I'll probably go here again when I go back to Kauai.