“Trail ride like no other”

CJM Country Stables
Ranked #4 of 27 Outdoor Activities in Koloa
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This horse trail ride is special. You ride an hour thru a secluded area on the coast, ending up in a bay that is only accessible by horse. Then an hour of play on the beach. Great time

1  Thank JCarterjr

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had a terrific time with CJM during our honeymoon. I had never been on a horse before, but the horse chosen for me (Primo) was a good match. My wife, who had some experience riding, was also happy with her horse (Zooanne). The tour was sufficiently private with only 6 or so in our party. You get to see some spectacular scenery as you travel up a hill to see the cliffs and later go down to the beach. We got the best pictures of our honeymoon from this latter part as our guide stopped to help pose our horses and take pictures of us.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Good Horses, Courteous Guides, Amazing Trail!
The ride takes you along a mix of scenery. Along the beach, Above the coastline, Through green-canopied paths, Across fields of pasture. All are picturesque and photo-worthy.
The owner and staff maintain high standards. They are gracious and welcoming. The facilities are well maintained and the horses are cared for by true cowboys that enjoy animals.
Loved it. We will do it again, when we return to Poipu.

1  Thank OCdesigner
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It's been years since I rode a horse and this reuniting of (wo)man and beast was definitely a good experience. First of all, the animals are well taken care of....but then it's Hawaii....even the horses are content here. There were 3 in our party and we were all assigned horses that suited our experience and abilities after being asked some brief questions. My kids were assigned horses with very exotic names; Kanaka and Ilhehee. My horse was Hank, the oldest of the bunch, but he was awesome actually. I remember the horses names more than the guide, but he did a really good job. We were splintered into smaller groups and everyone went in different directions, but I think everyone got to travel on the beach, through meadows, ranch land and through gardens. The ride was just under 2 hrs. And we even got a little trotting in. Stopped for a refreshing drink along the way which was surprisingly required. I think this organization runs a good business and would not hesitate joining their ride on a future trip to Kauai, if I were a resident of the island, or a visitor.

1  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Thank you for the wonderful ride you gave us Wed 14th May. Great scenery, company, food and guide. Will be back and have already advised other visitors for the future to contact your establishment. Has rekindled my love of riding again after 10 years. Mahalo!!!