Hale Kua
Travelocity
US$618
US$502
Hotwire.com
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort(Poipu)
US$754
US$754
Marriott
US$857
Hotels.com
The Kauai Inn(Lihue)(Great Value!)
US$288
Travelocity
US$411
US$354
  • Pool
All reviewsbusy touristfriendly hostswaimea canyona wonderful place to staybeach gearshort drivewasher dryerperfect locationlawai valleygardeniacottagepoipusouthpropertyislandunitsshore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Secluded, quiet, beautiful spot, but also accessible to everywhere on the island. If you like to be part of the local environment of Kauai and truly experience the beauty and nature of the island, then this is an ideal spot. Cathy and Bill are wonderful, thoughtful and gracious hosts, that leave you to enjoy all that they have. You can pick your own fruit in the morning from their trees. They live in one of the most beautiful spots on the island. Everything you could possible need was provided when we arrived. The best place to R&R.

Room Tip: All rooms available are great.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lgi
Reviewed 17 November 2012

This was the best vacation rental we have ever stayed in. It had everything we needed. The house was quiet and peaceful. We enjoyed waking up and watching the birds for hours in the morning. I would not recommend this place for the resort traveler but for those that want to see what Kaua'i is really like, this is the perfect home base.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luv_maui_hi
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My husband and I stayed in the cottage to celebrate our 33 years of marriage. From the beginning of planning our stay, Cathy and Bill, the owners, were very nice. They answered our e-mails promptly and when we arrived, it felt like we already knew them. The cottage was very neat and clean with everything we needed in the kitchen. There was a cooler so we could pack a lunch to go out exploring. My husband had special needs and Cathy and Bill were very helpful with accomodating us. The valley view was very pleasant from the lanai. I was amazed at the plants and trees that were on the property. It was quiet, except for the wild rooster, but even he wasn't too bad. There was a nice breeze that blew through so we were never uncomfortable. We needed to travel a bit, but hey, we are from Montana, so a little drive to Koloa or South beaches was easy. We always felt like we were coming home after a day of activities. I would definitely recommend Hale Kua to others.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mellowjess
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I found Hale Kua off Priceline, and was not expecting it to be a B&B. That said, I am really glad we found it. Cathy and Bill are friendly and accommodating, and the entire grounds feel just like a home away from home with the fruit trees and quaint surroundings. Though not by the beach, it is nestled in a great location right off Kaumaualii Hwy and 15 mins from the South Shore beaches.
We stayed in the cottage which is a one bedroom unit and it is equipped a fully functioning kitchen (which we used well!), a well stocked fridge ( and muffins made by Cathy), washer and dryer, iron and board, loads of towels, etc. You can really pack light!
The weather can be hot but there is a ceiling fan in the main living and dining room, and one in the bedroom which will do the job nicely.
All in all, I enjoyed this place immensely, and would recommend it to my friends. Would stay again if we visit Kauai again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank qoo m
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Best place you can imagine! Me and my wife came here for our first year anniversary and We have nothing but GREAT things to say about his place! Not to mention bill and Cathy are amazing hosts. . Very secluded and so so quiet and peaceful, beautiful views and fruit trees and amazing looking flowers. . Not to mention a secret waterfall right up the road and I'm sure bill and Cathy would tell u exactly where to go. Perfect location too right down the road is towns and shopping and a little further is the beautiful beaches weather your looking for fish or big waves or just sand out as far as the eyes can see. I could go on and on about how amazing this place is and I am recommending this place to every and anyone who is going to Kauai and me and my wife are defiantly coming back as much as we can here to enjoy this beautiful island

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple