Alexis and Mike are the most generous and welcoming of hosts.
I won't go into detail about the breath taking views, fantastic breakfasts or great lap pool as that's already been covered by previous postings.
It felt as if we were visiting friends. They both go out of their way to make you feel welcome and offer good advice and useful things even when not directly asked. E.g. we were going on the Na Pali coast tour and Alexis immediately offered us sea sickness pills.
They also go out of their way to find out what you like e.g. My nut loving husband was given a bag of nuts for the plane journey home :-)
Good location for visiting Waimea Canyon, Poipu beach for snorkelling (don't feed the fish as it's bad for them) and around 20 mins to the airport. In addition, compared to renting a condo or staying in one of the big resorts this place is great value with a personal touch.
Tip:Make sure you use bug spray around the pool as this place is inland so naturally there will be some insects.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marjorie's has a 50' salt water pool overlooking the beautiful Lawai valley. There are 2 hot tubs for our guests to use. We want all of our guests to feel at home so we provide boogie boards, fins and snorkel equipment, bikes, a kayak, a large bbq by the pool, and a surf board. Our guests can use the washer/dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Marjorie's Kauai Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marjorie`s Kauai Hotel Lawai
- Marjorie's Kauai Inn Lawai