“Perfect place”

Ranked #1 of 3 Lawai B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect place”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed at Marjorie's Inn for a week this summer and I was so pleased we did. It was the perfect place for us and it was lovely to come home there after a day out exploring. The room was lovely, comfortable, clean and the view from the lanai was superb. The breakfasts were delicious and i still miss them. The host was friendly and very helpful giving us tips on things to do and helping us in any way possible. The B&B has a store of equipment you can borrow like cool bags, beach chairs, snorkels etc and also a washing machine and tumble dryer.

The pool was lovely, the salt water was soft and kinder on the skin and sitting in the hot tub at sunset was amazing. Cant wait to visit this place again. thank you for providing such a lovely place to stay.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Staying at Marjorie's Kauai Inn is like visiting your family in paradise, without the family drama! Queen Emma chose to live in the Lawai Valley and it is easy to understand why. Being perched on the edge of this gorgeous valley is akin to drinking peacefulness and well-being. Breakfast is fantastic - one of my favorite treats was the grape juice freshly made with seeded grapes, but everyday the breakfast offered unexpected delights. Don't book any excursions without running them by Mike or Alexis- their goal is an awesome experience for YOU, and they know who to use for optimum enjoyment. I regretted a couple of the commitments I made on my own and wish I had taken advantage of the resident experts! All of Hawaii is a fitness center, there is so much to do. If you need equipment for snorkeling, kayaking, biking, ect., Mike and Alexis either have it to borrow or can point you in the right direction.Leaving for home is TORTURE!

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We discovered Marjorie's Kauai Inn online after a long search for the perfect honeymoon spot on Kauai. Mike and Alexis were prompt and welcoming in their email responses to our questions. we were lucky enough to get the room with the private hot-tub (the Sunset room), and it couldn't have been better. When we arrived Mike greeted us in person and we also found a friendly personalized note in our room, a little snack in the refrigerator and some champagne to celebrate our honeymoon. They were great hosts - we felt welcomed and at the same time the location was quiet and very private. Breakfast each morning was amazing! We especially enjoyed the fresh made juice and local fruit and granola in addition to a different hot meal each morning (buckwheat crepes!). This was the perfect place to go to get away from the hustle of tourist attractions and crowds like at the larger hotels. Mike provided us with many ideas and offered to make reservations for us for activities and restaurants, and loaned us beach towels, chairs and all the beach gear you could hope for. All around an amazing place and great people. Highly recommend! We will miss the friendly conversation and certainly hope to return one day and see the rainbows from the lanai (porch) every morning. Thank you Mike and Alexis! (Duke's worked out just fine!) ~Jessica & Eddie

Room Tip: All three rooms are great... but book early for the Sunset room to get a private hot-tub just outsid...
2 Thank eddie M
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My wife and had had the good fortune to spend several nights at Marjorie's Kauai Inn this summer (2012). We stayed in the Valley View room. Mike was a warm and welcoming host. He met us when we arrived, gave us a quick tour of the inn, shared maps and advice and generally was helpful. The room itself is very comfortable, the mini-kitchen with a fridge was a treat. The lanai is spectacular and overlooks the entire valley (and a nice saltwater swimming pool as well). Breakfast was invariably tasty and filling: fresh fruits, daily fresh juice, many baked goods and one further treat such as waffles, pancakes or similar. All of this was served on the upper lanai so tremendous panoramic views were a part of these meals too. If you are a bird watcher, bring binoculars, you won't regret it. Easy access to local beaches, gradens and the like. A great place to stay and highly recommended.

Hawaii
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Wife and I stayed 1-6 July 2012. It was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was our first Bed and Breakfast stay.

We stayed in the Trade Winds room. Great view so relaxing. We tried to be back in the evenings from our adventures just to enjoy watching the sunset over the valley. Wife and I enjoyed the most just the quietness and relaxing view. Pictures from Marjories web site does not show the true beauty of your view.

Our room was great!!! There is a salt water pool and hot tub for you to relax in after a busy day. Mike has what you need to go to the beach, he has movies for your DVD, your room has small fridge, pots and plates and things to make meals in your room. No smoking and no pets on the property another plus for us.

What topped my list was Mike's (the owner) continental breakfast. It was healthy eating. something I always wanted to do but I am addicted to local food (island plate lunches and of course spam, egg rice breakfast) at my home in Oahu Hawaii. Mike introduced me to eating healthy with his home made juices, whole grain breads, delicious jams and jelly, yogurt, rolled steel oatmeal, and granola, cheeses, and the list goes on and on. Mike really suprised me how good healthy food taste. Mike's healthy food really keeps you satisfied and energized through the day. His food opened my eyes to a healthy lifestyle I am now going to attempt for myself back home in Oahu.

If I would not of had so many things to do in Kauai I (and wife) could of easily spent the entire week at Marjories enjoying the views and relaxing, never leaving thier property.

I would stay again at Marjories for sure. Mike really set the bar high for Bed and Breakfast. Wife and I both agree we probably would not stay at another B&B for our expectations from Marjories are now just to high.

Room Tip: All rooms lanai's have view of sunset and the valley.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2012

8 nights in Marjories Inn was the perfect way to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary this year. We stayed in both the Trade Wind room and the Sunset View room and both were fabulous beyond our expectations! All 3 rooms in the Inn are very private, beautifully furnished, spotlessly clean and each has a magnificent view over the valley. The pictures you see do not lie!
A sumptuous breakfast is served every morning on Mike's private lanai on the top floor of the house, where we chatted with Mike and the other guests. It would be easy to spend your entire vacation on Mike's lanai! Time seems to stand still here.
Mike is the perfect host. He and Alexis have thought of absolutely everything to make your stay comfortable; backpacks and beach equipment available to borrow, walking sticks, snorkels, and a shelf in the garage packed with sun screens & bug sprays in case you needed something and the shops were closed! They know everything about the island and will book tours for you with the best operators and do anything they can to make your stay memorable.
We are well seasoned travellers but I think I can safely say that Marjories Inn is the best place we have ever visited and I can recommend it without hesitation.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous, but the sunset room has the private hot tub and there is nothing like la...
3 Thank Christine F
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband and I loved this Inn. I am an artist and I worked every morning from the gazebo next to the pool. My husband photographed the beautiful valley. Alexis and Michael know everything about Kauai, where to hike, where to shop, what to do. Breakfasts are spectacular. Our room had a huge lanai from which I saw the most incredible display of stars at night, sunsets, rainbows, rare birds, and QUIET (except at dawn, when the birds greet the day). We enjoyed the hot tub next to the pool and evening walks through the streets near the Inn.

Room Tip: We loved our Valley View room, especially the large, carpeted lanai. All the rooms face west and vi...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawai
Garden Island Inn
Koloa
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort
Hanalei Colony Resort
#1 of 1 in Hanalei

Been to Marjorie's Kauai Inn? Share your experiences!