“Paradise! Utopia! Amazing!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Lawai B&B and Inns
Lubbock, Texas
“Paradise! Utopia! Amazing!”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We were SO VERY BLESSED to find Marjorie's Kauai Inn available during our time on the Island.
It was truly an experience of a lifetime! Perfectly manicured landscape in the most beautiful environment. Wonderful food, Friendly Hosts that were extremely helpful in sharing information about the Island and best places to visit. The relaxing, amazingly beautiful, atmosphere made it hard to leave, yet has made our stay one of the best memories ever!
Staying at Marjorie's B&B will always be in our plans when we visit Kauai in the future.
We feel we have discovered a true Hawaiian treasure.

Room Tip: Views are amazing on all levels of the Inn. Clean, Comfortable, Relaxing, and Quiet throughout.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I'm a repeat visitor to Marjorie's and cannot imagine visiting Kauai without staying here if rooms are available. And if they're not, I'll still stop by to say hello because you just never know who you'll meet and what will come of that.

This trip, for example, I ended up meeting a local gal named Susan who does Auyervedic massage. You can reach her at alohavedausa dot com or have the innkeepers call to schedule. I did that this trip and had my massage right here at the B & B. Wonderful. Other trips I've met folks from all over the world and have maintained contact with them for years. There's an intimacy here that is unique and conducive to conversation. I like it very much.

The innkeepers have also scheduled activities for me based on their experience, the experiences of their guests, and knowledge of the local area. It costs guests nothing more than it would otherwise and sometimes even less, but you have the added convenience of basically having your own personal secretary schedule your activities. It's fun!

This trip I stayed in the Valley View room and it does offer a breathtaking 180-degree view of the valley. Pictures won't do it justice. Imagine getting up in the morning and having a cup of tea or coffee while relaxing in your bathrobe on your private (and expansive) lanai. You're watching the moon set behind the hills in the distance while the sun rises behind you. It is magical. It's so relaxing that it makes it tough to leave your sanctuary to do anything else, but you'll at least want to head upstairs for breakfast and conversation.

If you read some other reviews you'll know that their breakfasts are legendary, delicious, and unique. I stay in bed and breakfasts, hotels, and inns around the world all the time. Where else do they offer all that they do at Marjorie's? I don't find this anywhere anymore. The only thing they promise here is the continental, but on the days you're lucky enough to sample their cooking you'll be delighted. I promise. They're very good about accommodating unique dietary requirements and Mike's a vegetarian, so if you're in to that sort of thing, this is a great place for you.

By the way, Mike and Alexis have redone some of their flooring in the rooms and I don't think that's reflected in the pictures. It's beautiful.

Thanks as always to Mike and Alexis for providing a great experience. I'll be back soon.

Room Tip: There's not much to be done about crowing roosters anywhere in Hawaii outside of the high traffi...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ANCtrvlr
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I live in Northern California where there is no shortage of ourdoor activities and a plethora of B&B's but never have I experienced both to blend so seemlessly until I stayed at Marjorie's. My husband and I are the types to hike the path less taken, scurrying over rocks spaced throughout a river and eating dirt on ocassion (unintentionally, of course) just to find the perfect view and to be surrounded by the privacy of nature. Usually we camp out under the stars but when we come back to civilization, oftentimes we are more exhausted than we started so on the last night of an extended outing, we'll stay in a nice B&B to transition back. The majority of B&B's I had stayed in were overdone where you pay the price for the fancy bed and linens and the promptly scheduled forgettable wine hour and continental breakfast of locally purchased pastries and fresh fruit. While on vacation, I keep going back to B&B's to stay in a house with the possibility of feeling "at home" otherwise I am perfectly happy in a Hampton Inn which has no surprises (perfect for business).
Having never been to Kauai, we decided to forego the tent and went straight for the B&B.
I researched feverishly on where to stay on the island during November and cross-referenced a million websites to conclude Marjorie's was the place for us.
Its location was central to hiking Waimea Canyon in the west, boogie boarding the beaches in Poipu, kayaking to Wailua Falls in the east and even for a day trip to Princeville or the Kalalau trail on the north coast.
We stayed in the Sunset Room with the private hot tub which was perfect for soaking our sore muscles after every day's adventure. I believe we had the full range of weather during our stay from sunshine to howling wind, to the unusual lightening storm and the view from our room was perfect for nature lovers like ourselves. We actually had 2 different Innkeepers during our stay. We started with Vera and she bakes some amazing fresh breads for breakfast! She actually had some staged for our afternoon arrival in our room with fresh fruits and other treats. She even packed up extra pieces for us to take hiking and none of it went to waste. The second Innkeeper was actually the owner, Alexis. Everything about her is inviting and she gave us great advice on food. She treats you like an old friend and is so generous in making sure you have everything. Apart from the numerous freebie equipment available for use--chairs, BBQ, boogie boards, coolers, snorkeling mask and fins, etc--she even shared with us her personal stash of superfoods once she discovered we share similar eating habits and uncorked a bottle of wine with us one evening while gabbing inside. . . that last statement describes "home" for us--no plans, just relaxing and enjoying the moment. Like others, this B&B had the nice bed and linens,beautiful outdoors and prompt cleaning service; but they went beyond with a great breakfast spread with personal recipes (breads&pastries, casseroles, juices, meats, cheese, and locally sources goods) and no other comes close to the personality that comes with it. They say "home is where the heart is" and now that I'm back on the mainland, a piece of my heart still lingers at Marjorie's Kauai Inn.
Thanks Vera and Alexis for making our trip memorable and relaxing.

Room Tip: This is a great place for couples. . . particularly the sunset room.
Sint-Truiden, Belgium
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Marjorie's is an excellent place to stay. The view is beautiful and the breakfast was super !
The owners weren't there, but the inkeepers Veronika en Fred were lovely, helpful people.
We recommend this place when you plan going to Kauai.

Juneau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Great place to stay. We were welcomed from the moment we got their by the guest innkeeper Veronika. Breathtaking views, excellent clean room. We stayed in the Sunset
room. It has awesome views of the valley. Hot tub was so relaxing just off the deck. Inn is located central to alot of attractions but still tucked away to get away from it all. Breakfast was just what is needed to start your day. Granola, yougurt, fruit, and others and to top it off a warm treat to eat. You will get to eat with the owners or in our case the guest innkeeper during our stay, Veronika. If I could give it more stars on the scale I would.
Jonathan and Jeanette
Juneau, Wi

Minnesota
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed three nights at Marjorie's. The room was great, clean, comfortable bed and lanai with a lovely view. The rooms have a small fridge and microwave and kitchen utensils. One room even has a hot tub on their lanai. The owners were not present, but the hosts that were replacing them were wonderful with great suggestions. Location was good, close enough to Poi pu beach, and a nice day trip to the Waimea Canyon. They also had beach chairs, coolers, and beach towels available.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We spent four nights at Marjories during our recent holiday on Kauai. It was a most relaxing and enjoyable place to stay. Alexis and Mike were helpful with suggestions of places of interest to visit and we were appreciative of the welcome platter in our room. Breakfasts were delicious and a good start to our days of sightseeing. Pool, spa, snorkels, flippers and BBQ were all used. Driveway is steep, but the view over the valley makes up for that. Hospitality was much warmer than at a hotel. Recommend as an excellent place to stay.
Margaret H

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawai
Garden Island Inn
#1 of 11 in Lihue
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort

Been to Marjorie's Kauai Inn? Share your experiences!