Marjorie's Kauai Inn
US$468
US$618
US$502
Very Good 4/5
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort(Poipu)
US$926
US$857
US$808
Hyatt.com
Great 4.5/5
The Kauai Inn(Lihue)(Great Value!)
US$274
Hotels.com
US$377
US$354
  • Pool
All reviewsthe valley view roomb byogurtother guestsprivate hot tubevery morningbeach chairsperfect hostsprivate lanailush valleybed and breakfastgourmet breakfastthree roomsice packsboogie boardshiking poleswaimea canyon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Inn was clean with private bathrooms and the views from the lanai were fantastic. I would agree with Brian S., "this place was a refreshing breath of Kauai country breeze!" The moment you walked in, you felt welcomed and at home. Breakfast was wonderful and always more food than one could eat. The true spirit of Aloha is felt at Marjorie's Kauai Inn, living with joy, sharing life stories, and honoring the essence of all individuals. The Inn, along with Alexis & Mike, are definitely at the top of our list.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becky W
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Breakfast much more than a typical bed and breakfast provides. Sunset room had great views, privacy, cozy and very comfortable. Many additional conveniences to accommodate your offsite activities. Innkeepers, Alexis and Mike, main objective was to make our stay a comfortable, enjoyable and memorable experience.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

You can have the hotels in congested areas - this place was a refreshing breath of Kauai country breeze! Sitting high on a hilltop overlooking the picturesque, historic Valley of Compassion in rural Kauai, this B&B has everything you could need to relax after a day of exploration - saltwater lap pool, hot tub, charming views and charming innkeepers. Alexis and Mike are quick to accommodate with the best breakfasts and friendly attention I remember having at a B&B, as well as experienced advice on the island - even have trekking poles, beach chairs and coolers with ice, boogie boards etc. This place will make you smile for choosing it! There is plenty of privacy and it's close enough to the main road to be convenient. Can't wait to try their place in Costa Rica!

Room Tip: The Sunset Room is spacious and clean with a killer view - makes you feel like you're in the main suite.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The island of Kauai itself is magical and Marjorie's is a perfect reflection of it. It's impossible to decide a favorite thing about this place. Is it the majestically panoramic views and the historical and mystical valley they're nestled in? Is it the thoughtful, gracious, detail-oriented innkeepers? Thier connections or the above-and-beyond amenities? The incredible energy of the place? How about the mouth-watering breakfast complemented by the luscious view and the delightful company? Perhaps the beautifully appointed rooms and every nook and cranny of the inn itself? If you're lucky enough to be there when the incredible proprietors are there, is it them? Who knows. I'm just glad I found it. Truly nirvana. Right there at the Inn on the hill in that valley in Lawai. One of my favorite places on earth.

Room Tip: They're all amazing in their own way but of course having your own hot tub....
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Sunset Room from 12/25/13 until 1/1/14. We were so sad to leave because we were returning to a foot of snow back in New York! The room was clean, had a great view and we loved the hot tub. At times, we could hear the roosters and sometimes people in the adjoining rooms, but that is part of staying in Kaui and at a bed and breakfast.
We didn't have Alexis or Mike but to our surprise guest innkeepers Luanne and Gary. They were very nice. Gary makes a good fruit salad and 4x as a bonus he made a hot treat for breakfast mainly for husband who loves eggs, pancakes and French toast. Gary also spent a lot of time each day giving us suggestions of things to do.
I took advantage of many things in the garage a day pack, water shoes, and chairs (thank you for providing
them). I also used the washer and dryer before leaving for New York (Thank you Luanne).
I am a "walker" and felt very safe in the neighborhood walking around. I even met an 82 year old man on their block that gave me tangerines from his tree, and JR the landscaper that told me all about the property.
My only suggestion which I related to Luanne was maybe if a guest innkeeper is substituted the arriving guest can just receive an email stating so. I like Gary very much, but was unsure of who he was until he further explained himself. However, please only take this as a suggestion. Overall ...great place we will be
back to visit and thank you again! Elaine and Wayne Long Island New York :)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple