Garden Island Inn - Kauai: Stayed May 2nd and May 10th, 2013
We were very pleased with our two one-night stays at the Garden Island Inn [hotel] It is a budget hotel and as such I would give it five stars for the amenities it offers. The staff was very friendly and helpful providing us with a cooler, free cookies and information on sites to see and things to do. The hotel is clean [even immaculate]. It offers comfortable beds, coffee, tea, a refrigerator without a bunch of junk in it; and even a small microwave. The bath was small but plenty of hot water. The grounds are nicely landscaped; and there is even a small pond with coy and in back an artifical [man-made] waterfall. Original paintings are throughout – in the lobby, in each room and even the the doors.
The location is very convenient – across the street from a shopping plaza [ABC store, restaurants, etc ; as well as a park and the city bus stop. It is within easy walking distance to the cruise ship or Kalapaki Beach. We asked for a ground floor room as there is no elevator [we are in our 70’s]. We stayed there on arrival since we couldn’t get into our timeshare exchange until the next day and we also stayed there at the end of the timeshare week as we couldn’t get into our rental apartment on the north shore without a one day gap as well. No extra cleaning charges for the one-night stay. Would we stay there again? In a heart beat. Great little budget hotel. Oh, yes, the ubiquitous rooster and chickens are there as they are anywhere on Kauai. Finally, the hotel is just a couple miles from Lihue airport; Walmart; the Times Supermarket; Home Depot, and the Cheveron gas station [Rice Street].
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Island Inn is a quaint, affordable boutique hotel by the lovely Kalapaki Beach and Bay, the Kauai Marriott and Lagoons and the Nawiliwili Harbor. Kalapaki Beach offers safe surfing, stand up paddle boarding, canoing, kayaking, sailing for beginners to intermediate, fishing or just plain relaxing and sunning.This is Kauai's center for shopping, live music and dining with a choice of 10 of Kauai's finest restaurants all within a short leisurely walking distance from the Garden Island Inn Hotel.The Garden Island Inn has quick and easy access from the Lihue Airport and to all the sights and activities Kauai has to offer. Let us be your home away from home while you discover Kauai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Garden Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Island Hotel Lihue
- Garden Island Lihue
- Garden Island Inn Kauai, HI