We picked this hotel because we wanted somewhere close to the airport as we were coming in on a late flight and wanted somewhere for a coup[le of days before going for a timeshare week in Princeville.It fit our needs perfectly was perfect.The office was closed when we arrived but there was an envelope on the office door with the keys to our room.The hotel is older motel style but clean and well maintained with some interesting art as well.It was great base to explore the south of the island and 2 mins from one of the best swimming beaches on the island…Kalapaki.Dukes is also on this beach.The only downside is that is on the highway so you have traffic noise particularly in the morning but this was outweighed by all the positives about this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Island Inn is a quaint, affordable boutique hotel by the lovely Kalapaki Beach and Bay, the Kauai Marriott and Lagoons and the Nawiliwili Harbor. Kalapaki Beach offers safe surfing, stand up paddle boarding, canoing, kayaking, sailing for beginners to intermediate, fishing or just plain relaxing and sunning.This is Kauai's center for shopping, live music and dining with a choice of 10 of Kauai's finest restaurants all within a short leisurely walking distance from the Garden Island Inn Hotel.The Garden Island Inn has quick and easy access from the Lihue Airport and to all the sights and activities Kauai has to offer. Let us be your home away from home while you discover Kauai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Garden Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Island Hotel Lihue
- Garden Island Lihue
- Garden Island Inn Kauai, HI