I did like this inn as it is full of character which is clearly illustrated by the abundance of colorful art adorning many parts of the hotel, both inside and out. It is certainly a funky, island sort of vibe, reminding me of something out of the 60s era. It is charming in its own way. Beautiful flowers surround the inn, and there are banana trees and a fish pond to enjoy, as well.
It is very convenient to the airport, and there are shops and food nearby. The location is good on the island as a whole because it is more or less center to the highways that travel to the northwest end and to the southwest side. An easy starting point to any attraction.
I don't think I have ever seen blue sheets on a hotel bed, though there is nothing really the matter with that. We stayed in a room with one king and three single beds. Certainly everything in the rooms is very dated. The beds, the appliances, the fixtures, the tvs. Although the rooms seemed clean I couldn't help but feel the room needed a really good spring cleaning. I like things to be very clean and although we saw no bugs it seemed we could see a spider or the like any moment. Just be aware what you are getting when you stay here. There's nothing wrong with a night or two upon arrival or departure but only certain people would enjoy their entire vacation here.
It is a funky, tropical little inn that is a bit dated but trying to be charming with management that obviously does care. I just think it needs to be updated and small things need to be thoroughly cleaned (ie. window slats, ceiling corners). And the mattresses changed out as well.
We would likely stay again but only for a night upon arrival in Lihue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden Island Inn is a quaint, affordable boutique hotel by the lovely Kalapaki Beach and Bay, the Kauai Marriott and Lagoons and the Nawiliwili Harbor. Kalapaki Beach offers safe surfing, stand up paddle boarding, canoing, kayaking, sailing for beginners to intermediate, fishing or just plain relaxing and sunning.This is Kauai's center for shopping, live music and dining with a choice of 10 of Kauai's finest restaurants all within a short leisurely walking distance from the Garden Island Inn Hotel.The Garden Island Inn has quick and easy access from the Lihue Airport and to all the sights and activities Kauai has to offer. Let us be your home away from home while you discover Kauai! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Garden Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Island Hotel Lihue
- Garden Island Lihue
- Garden Island Inn Kauai, HI