“They don't know the meaning of a hot sandwhich” 1 of 5 bubbles

Deli and Bread Connection
Ranked #26 of 116 Restaurants in Lihue
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Bridgeport, Texas
“They don't know the meaning of a hot sandwhich”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

This deli is terrible!! Besides having rude people serving you, a bit overpriced, not particularly clean, slow service, and poor traffic control in and out of the restaurant, they advertise hot sandwiches, but they simply toast bread and put cold meat on it. I ordered a French Dip sandwich. After a 20 minute wait, I received hard toasted bread with very cold rare grizzled beef and a small cup of beef broth heated in a microwave. It was horrible and couldn't eat it. My wife had a hot turkey sandwich which is toasted bread with cold meat, etc. With two cans of fruit drink, the meal was about $20. Quiznos down the walk would have been a far better deal.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank FtWorthinternational

Encinitas, California, United States
“Yes it's all about the bread”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

We were told they had the meatloaf until we had ordered and had been waiting for 10 minutes, that was the negative.

On the positive side the clam chowder was as good as you get in California and the bread is wonderful!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lexington
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Cobb salad was very fresh. Tuna salad sandwich was excellent. I love their homemade potato salad. The homemade bread is good also.

Visited August 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Worst food experience on any Hawaiian island!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Ordered two simple sandwiches, a BLT and a tuna sandwich. This is apparently too much for them as it took 13 minutes to get our food. This would be no problem if it weren't for the fact 9 people were given their food before us. I asked why and Becky (the rudest person I have met on any of the Hawaiian islands) said it is because we had a toasted sandwich, referring to the BLT, she said people with soup and I toasted sandwiches are served first. Hmmmm, except some people at the table next to us had a toasted sandwich and thy came in well after we did but had their food in half the time. I asked Becky again why that was the case and she repeated that people with soup and regular sandwiches are served first. I asked to talk to a manager and she said the manager was busy making sandwiches for the lunch rush. It is 1:30 and there aren't many people here...what rush? I said I would wait.

Now the food. The BLT was cold, and barely toasted, the tuna was a soggy mess. Taste was okay. No sandwich should take 13 minutes. Cost is too high for the condition of the place and the food quality.

I have now been in this filthy (no one cleaning the tables, had to clean mine myself) establishment for 46 minutes. Still no manager. I think Becky needs a lesson in truth telling. I will never eat here again.

I've also never been to a place were you ask for the manager and they don't come within a few minutes.

Avoid at all costs!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bumann84
“GREAT REASONABLE PRICED FOOD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

A large selection of meals available for lunch. Reasonably priced and good quality and value. Went there several ties for lunch and really enjoyed it.

Visited June 2013