“Racist!”

Ranked #25 of 121 Restaurants in Lihue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

They have a very good lobsta roll i wont take that away from them. However, if you are not a local or are a Haole you will get the worst service judging by my experience and what others have posted. I was close enough to the counter to hear 4 other local customers behind me in line order the same lobsta roll. All 4 got their rolls before me. Coincidence or just pure Racism!

1  Thank Jason B

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We planned to share a roast beef sandwich on sourdough bread, because we knew from eating there previously that the sandwiches are large. The sandwich was delicious, served on fresh-baked bread. Yum!
The atmosphere is lacking. There were several people "working" behind the counter, presumable preparing orders, but still it took probably 20 minutes to get one cold, roast beef sandwich. And at 3:00 they were not busy, by any means..just slow!
Besides many sandwich choices, the deli also offers soups (different varieties daily) and salads. And they sell fresh-baked bread to take home, including poi rolls and Oriental sweet bread. The smell of the fresh bread is heavenly.
If the Deli and Bread Connection could work on customer service and staff attitude, they could be a real special establishment.

1  Thank travelingrandma91355
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Simple menu, delicious fresh sandwiches. Can be very busy. Take out for great picnic food or dinner.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

They said this is where to get the best on the island.
And IT was, we would get two or three at a time to eat back at our room; Get the Islander sub or the lobsta' roll, o so good

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Aloha ~
First off I would have to say many times we go here the service is rude I am not sure why the reviews dont have anything to say about it!
As for the food its really good the bread is so good.
Its a more healthy place to eat. We eat the avocado sandwish its really good lots of veggies and I enjoy it very much.
However when it comes to customer service here I dont feel that friendly vibe and that matters to me when I eat some where I like to feel welcome and I dont feel that way here.