“Relaxing”

Kaua'i Marriott Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Lihue
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

One of our best recent get away from it all trips. This is not Honolulu after all. Nice bedrooms with a view of the bay. The small bay looked inviting if you do not want to go in the pool. I had fun with the goose which I loved to tease. I would like to go back someday. We missed the coffee.

• Stayed: May 2014
There are newer reviews for Kaua'i Marriott Resort

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed at the Marriott on a trip to Hawaii for a wedding. The property is beautiful and very well kept. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. the restaurants served great food but the drinks were a little expensive. Great beach access and a great pool! The hotel was not overly crowded so that was great for me. I would definitely stay there again if I go back!

Room Tip: We got a room with no view, but it was still quite nice. Next time I think I would definitely upgra...
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Before booking this hotel I looked for resort fees, non-listed anywhere............ on there endless web advertising......or anywhere directly related to this Kauai Marriott Resort. hotel.
I was later told there is a 30.00 a day resort fee. PRETTY STEEP and very well HIDDEN

Buyers beware

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
15  Thank jewrn
Liz C, Front Office Manager at Kaua'i Marriott Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Aloha from the Kauai Marriott Resort! On behalf of our resort, we apologize for any miscommunication. Our resort fee is intended to be confirmed with all reservations and printed on the confirmation details. I do apologize profusely if this was missed on yours. We find the resort fee of $30 per day offers tremendous value to our guests, and I again apologize it was a negative experience for you. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can discuss further with you.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Marriott Hotel resort in Kauai Hawaii is superb. The swimming pool is very big and circular around an island which makes going round and round much fun. In addition several statues spray water much like a waterfall which adds to the fun. They also have several hot tubs. The beach is coral-free so swimming is great. The food is very good and pricey. One warning, the adjacent hotels and gift shop are not owned by Marriott so bonus points don't apply.
Ronnie playing guitar and singing oldies was a major plus and lots of gun to sing along. We also tried dancing since I would never see those folks again. Don't miss Ronnie.
The hotel is beside the airport and about half way between the Northern most point and Southern most point, both taking a little over an hour to drive to.

Room Tip: First floor saves waiting for the elevator for quick access to the Big swimming pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jamesbond44
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was a nice hotel, right on Kalapaki Beach, which is a small beach, but right outside the hotel with a great view . The rooms were nice, but not spectacular. This is a VERY expensive hotel, and frankly, overpriced. They have a ridiculous "resort fee" of $30 per day I know most nice hotels have this now, yet it is still offensive. They give you a card listing the "benefits" including parking. How generous to allow you to park to pay them a heck of a lot of money. So even if everyone is doing it, it leaves me with a very negative feeling toward Marriott, and I would definitely rate higher if it was not charged. There is also a "linger longer" program so you can keep a room until 6:00 but they charge $90, basically for a couple of hours. Again, I thought this was too much, although we ended up having to change rooms to a much better room for the short period of time. In sum, it is a nice property. Also, the location on the east side was a huge benefit for getting around, and there were several restaurants in walking distance. I asked the concierge about a very popular hiking trail, and she told me she had no idea where it was, and it was actually very close. Basically, she was just there to sell things, not to assist.

4  Thank K L
Marc W, Manager at Kaua'i Marriott Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Aloha! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are definately sorry that your visit was less than spectacular. We understand price can be very sensitive and we do our best to ensure our offerings are appropriate and competitive in terms of value. i will be happy to personally review and go over any specfic questions if you would like to contact me directly at the property. Again, mahalo for your comments. I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

There is very little to find fault with at this Marriott Resort. From the minute we checked in. The walk from the Valet Parking to the Registration Desk is very impressive. The foliage, statuary, coi fish pond are truly amazing. The front desk was very cordial which we appreciated after an 8 hour flight. While the grounds are fantastic the room itself is standard Marriott room that you would find in Dallas or Chicago, except for the view. We hare served the deluxe ocean view and were glad we did. The view from the tenth floor was just like the post card. Tonya, one of the managers, was very attentive and helpful. Amanda at the front desk was as pleasant as anyone could be while working. The resort is huge and it takes a little while to get your bearings but after one day we were familiar with the whole place. Some shopping available on site but they are proud of their inventory.

Room Tip: Pay to upgrade to deluxe ocean. View is terrific.
3  Thank Navlinc
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Spent a week with the family at the Marriott Resort. As the title of my review states...the hotel is in a great location to see the whole island. We spent most of our days heading either North or South for activities or to see the sites and from where the hotel is in Lihue you can get to "most" places in an hour and a half or less in most cases. The hotel/resort is a very nice property with beautiful views and beach. The reason I didn't give a full five stars is the property is a Marriott Vacation Club and it felt heavily geared towards the vacation club members. (A cruise ship feel). With that being said...to each his own...not my thing. I would definitely return to this hotel with the family "not" if I were looking for a romantic get away.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GLFflyr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lihue
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club

Been to Kaua'i Marriott Resort? Share your experiences!