3,080 results
All reviews sushi bar our honeymoon koi pond kalapaki grill ocean view cafe portofino close to the airport huge pool marriott resort abc store kiddie pool amazing pool beach area north shore golf course beautiful property parking lot
Reviewed 5 November 2018

we were overcharged for a late cancellation. i am not sure why. my understanding of cancellation fees is that it is one night plus taxes and fees. poor treatment of a Marriott rewards member, especially one with a high status. it makes me want to reconsider the frequent stays booked with this brand.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
KathrynK965, Manager at Kaua'i Marriott Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Aloha biz_all_over2,

I humbly apologize for any billing errors. I would be happy to look into your billing account information to correct any errors. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly so I can begin the investigation for you.

Mahalo for reaching out to us about this concern and look forward to speaking with you.

Mahalo,
Kathryn

Reviewed 3 November 2018

Stayed here two years ago and enjoyed the experience. Same this time around. Great facilities, good service, friendly staff and lots of nearby bars and restaurants make this a good spot for a relaxing getaway.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

We couldn’t have been happier with our resort. Super courteous staff made us feel so pampered at every step. Wonderful restaurant options. Gorgeous pools and grounds and a wonderful beach with breathtaking backdrop of mountains right there — I loved my sunrise beach walks with the Kauai coffee they provided in my room before the rest of the family was up. Convenient parking, too. Can’t wait to return. So perfect in every way! I can’t imagine a better retreat to have as a home base while exploring this island paradise!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

I was disappointed with my trip to the Marriott. It was my birthday and this resort did not impress me. I did not see alot of cleaning going on with the pools and jacuzzis. There was brown algae all along the pool walls. One of the jacuzzis was always down. Also had dirt in them. Our room was not as requested but we dealt with it after being told they would move us the next day but that never happened. The Room was clean and in great shape. Not many smiles from workers or alohas. One good thing the restaurants were great and all in walking distance along with shops. The waitresses/waiters were pleasant.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GeneaN1, Manager at Kaua'i Marriott Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here with us at the Kauai Marriott Resort. I have alerted the necessary department head on your complaints on the pool and Jacuzzi areas. Generally cleaning for this area happens at 5 AM daily and will happen till pool opens and continue periodically through out the day as needed. Thank you so much for your feedback also on staff friendliness we will definitely strive to meet your expectations for your next visit with us should your travels bring you back to the island of Kauai.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

I spent four nights at this vacation resort. Since I have visited Kauai many times I wasn't interested in frantic sightseeing but relaxing by the pool. I wasn't disappointed.
The room was small to say the least. The bed pulled out of the wall but it was very comfortable. I had an ocean front room and was was lulled to sleep every night by the ocean surf. There was a dishwasher, microwave, full size fridge but no stove, there were plates and utensils so you could food a simple breakfast or lunch. When the bed was pushed up there was plenty of room. I loved the ocean front tower and was on the 8th floor.
The hotel is 5 minutes from the airport and central on the highway to Princeville and Waimea Canyon. It's a great central location. It is a little steep in price--$309/night but well worth it. They do charge for everything including $25 per day for self park. This is my fifth stay in Kauai and by far this is one of the best resorts on the Island. The pool is great, good poolside service, and adjacent to the beach. Many locals were using the pool despite the use of wrist bands---which clearly was not enforced by the staff. There was plenty of seating and lounges so I could usually sit where I wanted. I would definitely stay here on my next visit to Kauai and highly recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled solo