“A MUST DO! But warning: Fatties in the back”

Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Kauai
Ranked #5 of 35 Tours in Lihue
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 29 August 2014

If you plan on going to Kauai, you MUST automatically include this in you cost. There is nothing like experiencing it on heli. We did a plane ride on the Big Island and I didn't feel like I was missing out. A plane ride of Kauai would not do it justice. The heli takes you in these INSANE canyons and cracks in the mountains. It was a real life IMAX. Unforgettable. Again, IF YOU DONT DO A HELI RIDE, DON'T GO TO KAUAI. It's a waste of a plane ticket.
TIP: buy vouchers from Costco. We paid $400 for $500 in certificates. this is almost enough ($5 short) for 2 riders and the in-flight video which was just ok. They should upgrade the camera to capture the colors better.
I'm not sure what it's like with other companies, but do not plan on sitting in the front if you are a fatty like me. I weigh in at 250 lbs and it seems that myself and other big guys (or gals) don't ride in the front. the best you could hope for is middle back on the right side. This doesn't really affect your viewing but if definitely affects your pictures (which are already weak bec of the glass windows as opposed to open doors heli)
overall I was impressed by the operation they had there. nice staff, marty the pilot was very nice by trying to make sure we all get a good view and we just felt safe. but I called ahead to request the front, booked it very far in advance, asked(very nicely) when we checked in for a front seat and we didn't get it. they say the computer does calculates it but I don't buy that they cant do it if they want to.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,091)
All reviews
in 44 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 54 reviews

Reviewed 28 August 2014

This was a thrilling way to explore the whole island. Incredible views, interesting pilot, very professional company. We purchased the DVD after the flight, great memento. Expensive excursion but we loved it!

1  Thank Paula522
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This tour was amazing, you get to see parts of Kaua'i that you can only see from the air. My husband and I were very pleased with the whole experience.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to take helicopter tour if Kauai and it was well worth it. BTW, Costco members, you can get $100 gift cards for $80 for this tour which was a big deciding factor for us.

Brad, the pilot was great. Made you feel very safe and was very knowledgeable. Weather was perfect at the 2:30 flight time and we even got to go into the crater. Also, one lady in particular, Kiruu Mi Sech, who helped us book the tour, was extremely helpful and friendly. When we called, there was no one else booked for that time and she said she could put us down and call us if someone else booked so that we could go same day. Within an hour she called to say we were on! Thanks Kiruu :)

1  Thank oshfamily