“Great Memento of Kauai Trip”
Review of The Koa Store

The Koa Store
Ranked #4 of 17 Shopping in Lihue
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I was struggling with what kind of item to bring back as a memento from my Kauai trip. I already had a lot of beautiful jewelry from trips to Maui and I really wanted something made on the island. When I stepped into the Koa Store, I knew this was it! I found a beautiful Koa Wood vase, handmade and signed by a local artist. They included a little card with info about the artist as well as a photo of him. Tropical flowers are my favorites so I know this vase will get a lot of use. It has a removable glass liner to hold the water. I couldn't be happier with this local gem!

2  Thank blanche&milver

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Unlike 90%+ of the Koa you see elsewhere in Kauai, theirs is actually all made in Hawaii and mostly on Kauai. The quality is so much better too - you can tell just by feeling.

As such, it is more expensive that the stuff at Walmart but still much less than the fancy shops like the one in the Hyatt. You can buy anything from a $13 ornament to a $300+ bowl. Good variety of picture frames - both sizes and styles.

It's a little hard to find. Travel north from Lihue past the Walmary. Pass the hospital on your right and it will be about 0.1 mile on the left immediately before a big red kitchen store.

3  Thank CUtraveller
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We always stop here when on Kauai. They have very beautiful and unusual designs. The people running it are kind and helpful. If you are looking for something different and made by locals this is the place!

3  Thank BonnieRosen
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This is a great store. So many of the stores on Kauai are very generic. This store is handcrafted, high quality, wood products made from local woods. Larger store is near Lihue. This store should not be confused with KOA campgrounds.

Pros:
-Beautifully made
-jewelry boxes pens, hair brushes, rocking chairs, bowls, etc
-sister store in Koloa (with somewhat different inventory)
-ships anywhere
-very friendly attendant
-have sales
-quality pieces that will last a long time, if not a life time

Cons:
-not one

3  Thank Corning_NYTammy
Reviewed 9 December 2012

What a lovely store. In addition to the shop in Lihui, there is one in Koloa, as well. This shop features beautiful locally made koa wood products. If you are looking for a special momento or gift, this is a nice place to shop. You'll find something for every budget, from nicely carved small items like boxes, picture frames, trivets, jewelry and Christmas ornaments to beautiful bowls and jewelry boxes.They offer shipping, as well, which is very convenient if you are buying a larger item. I admire my beautiful Koa jewelry box every day and it transports me back to my favorite island. Staff are very friendly.

2  Thank STurner1111