“Beautiful Hand Crafted Koa Wood”
Review of The Koa Store

The Koa Store
Ranked #4 of 18 Shopping in Lihue
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful Hand Crafted Koa Wood”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My husband and I found this little store on our trip to Kaui 2 years ago. I bought a stunning Koa Wood Necklace and Bracelett with Pearls. It is one of my favorite things to wear to remind of the beauty of the Island of Kaui! We also brought home a beautiful jewlery box, pictures frames, and book marks. My favorite store on the whole island! The prices are reasonable. Definitly stop in and bring home a piece of Hawaii!

Visited January 2013
3 Thank maui1999

Portland, Oregon
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“wedding picture frame - Koloa store”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This was one of the first places that you knew you were getting authentically made, on Kauai, keepsakes to take home. Also a Koa wood Plumera (sp?) lai/flower necklace was a nice find that will last forever and it also had white flowers besides Koa wood tone and the gal helping us when asked what the white flower was made of - she quickly replied 'cow bone'...LOL - since we/friends had been eating ' kauai vegan beef burgers ' (fantastic flavor by the way) our entire trip on Kauai- inside joke - instant sale!!! treasure forever!!!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank halleckst
chicago
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Great Memento of Kauai Trip”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I was struggling with what kind of item to bring back as a memento from my Kauai trip. I already had a lot of beautiful jewelry from trips to Maui and I really wanted something made on the island. When I stepped into the Koa Store, I knew this was it! I found a beautiful Koa Wood vase, handmade and signed by a local artist. They included a little card with info about the artist as well as a photo of him. Tropical flowers are my favorites so I know this vase will get a lot of use. It has a removable glass liner to hold the water. I couldn't be happier with this local gem!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank blanche&milver
South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Beautifully crafted in Hawaii”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Unlike 90%+ of the Koa you see elsewhere in Kauai, theirs is actually all made in Hawaii and mostly on Kauai. The quality is so much better too - you can tell just by feeling.

As such, it is more expensive that the stuff at Walmart but still much less than the fancy shops like the one in the Hyatt. You can buy anything from a $13 ornament to a $300+ bowl. Good variety of picture frames - both sizes and styles.

It's a little hard to find. Travel north from Lihue past the Walmary. Pass the hospital on your right and it will be about 0.1 mile on the left immediately before a big red kitchen store.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank CUtraveller
Salinas, CA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Always stop”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We always stop here when on Kauai. They have very beautiful and unusual designs. The people running it are kind and helpful. If you are looking for something different and made by locals this is the place!

Visited May 2013