“Wonderful pool, room and service”

Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Lihue
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The reviews of this property are mixed and part of the reason could be some of the rooms are updated and others have not been. Also with three properties on the point (lagoon, hotel and beach club) there is a lot of confusion. Beach club have rooms with microwave, fridge and set-up for meals. Lagoon has full kitchens and hotel has just fridge. We were in the Beach Club Villa with a one bedroom updated. Ryden of the staff worked with us on our room. We had paid for a ocean view and were not able to get one so he reduced the rate to garden view. We were in 451 which was very quiet and had a nice view of the garden area. It was not over the pool so no noise there. Staff was very friendly and housekeeping was super. I think Club Owners are looking for a condo style room and these are not as well appointed. The Lagoon property is beautiful with full two and three bedroom condos. But not the resort style amenities.
Lagoon residences cannot use the resort. It has a small pool and good exercise room and owners lounge but not the long list of other items available at the resort. Hotel guests pay a resort fee for the use of the amenities.

We enjoyed our stay and want to come back.

Room Tip: Higher the better, updated room if possible
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Michael B

Reviewed 6 May 2014

What a great hotel! Beautiful room, super comfortable bed and pillows, great pool and enormous fitness center. This hotel has its own beach with free chairs and towels. The pool is enormous and beautiful. The fitness center has plenty of top of the line equipment and offers fitness classes every day. Restaurants were ok, but a catered dinner for our conference served delicious food. All in all, a super stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Didn't have a positive experience overall. I have been to Marriott's Ko Olina beach club on Oahu island before this stay, and Marriott's Maui Beach club after, and I have to say Marriott's Kauai Resort is the inferior one among these three resorts. I was provided with a oceanfront room but the building and the interiors seemed old and outdated, thought they claim it was recently remodeled. Also the staff at checkin on Apr 26 around 8pm were not helpful at all. Being a Vacation Club Owner, I was given some freebies and a 'warm pleasant smile' at the other two resorts, but unfortunately that was lacking at this resort. Other resorts have some complimentary pool activities, basketball and snuba classes. But at this resort nothing is complementary, everything is charged steeply. If I ever come back to Hawaii, I will definitely ignore Marriott Kauai Resort in Lihue and rather pick the other two.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Vijay T
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Aloha Vijay! Thank you for visiting Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club. We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations due to the service you received. Please know, your feedback will be shared with the appropriate managers at the resort to properly address your concerns. Thank you again for visiting and we hope to see you again at Marriott Vacation Club in Hawaii!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Hotel's location is great! Close to airport, easy to get to and from! Amazing and relaxing space. The grounds are beautiful and the views= absolutely stunning! I arrived after dark and was checked into my room. I had an ocean-view in the Villas. The next morning, when I woke up---- SPECTACULAR! Put me in a great mood each and every day.

Ill tell you what didn't put me in such a great mood, was how many times I was asked for my ID. I was turned down drinks multiple times. ( I am in my 30's--). No I didn't bring my ID to the pool. Sorry. Funniest part, it was all women who asked for my ID. I understand they have a job to do, but it is how I was treated that upset me. It happened repeatedly at the pool. Then when I was locked out of my room, also. They wouldn't give me a new key, until someone came with me. Again, I understand this. It is how the situation was handled. So id give the women staff a POOR rating and the male staff an AVERAGE rating. Oh yeah, when I went to the lobby and booked an extra night--- they didn't need my ID to charge my credit card. But I couldn't get a 'lava fire' by the pool?

I digress! Onto my room- Oceanfront Villa with wall pullout! it was small and seemed old. Main rooms, were much nicer! Bigger Tvs! Nicer ammenities! ETC! Still a Great Bathroom! All updated. New and Very Nice!

The second day I was there... THERE WAS A FIRE DRILL! 10am. Not too early, well it better not be because that is checkout. But you cant check in until 4pm.

So i booked a massage on the beach to escape the fire drill! Fantastic! A little pricey, but well worth it! One of the best massages Ive ever had! Was $150 w tip for 50 minutes.

Newly Wed or Newly Dead. Almost all honeymooners or old couples. Resort is dead after 9pm.

Very overpriced gift shop, and again the staff (all women) not even a smile when they take you $$$. Buying a beer here? Better have your ID. Charging things in the gift shop to my room, usually also seemed as a hassle to the employees.
There is an ABC store very very close. Wish I had discovered this sooner. Worth the walk.

Very Nice Place. Great Relaxation! Natural Beauty! Semi-Sketchy Staff!

Room Tip: Wall Pullout bed was terrible. I do not reccomend this room. Oceanview, much better than pool view...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank tonelo46

Aloha! Thank you for your TripAdvisor review for Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club. While we are happy to hear you had an enjoyable vacation in April, our team apologizes for the inconveniences you had regarding your photo ID. We will share your comments with the appropriate managers and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you again on your next vacation in Hawaii so we may truly exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is the second time in the last year we have stayed here. It is such a great resort. So beautiful and relaxing. The staff is amazing and so friendly. It definitely feels like you are in paradise. There are also several restaurants next to the hotel, so there is plenty to do. Great beach to go swimming or rent a paddle board. They were pretty much sold out due to a convention but managed to get us a ocean front room on the 11th floor. The room was pretty small, with a murphy bed. The bed was a lot more comfy than I thought, and the room also had a balcony.
Can't wait to go back to paradise.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelbugSEA
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Aloha and thank you for your five-star review of Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club! We are glad you enjoyed your luxury villa and time with us in "paradise." We look forward to your next visit to beautiful Hawaii, Mahalo!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

After the disappointing stay at the Waikaloa Marriott on Kona we were greeted by a stunning Marriott facility. Everything here is simply to die for, The views from the ocean view / front rooms are stunning, the hotel is spotlessly clean, the pools were sparkling.
The rooms are large, well decorated and very well maintained. While we were there the hotel was renovating some of the rooms and due to anticipated construction noise we were moved to a different room 1 floor up and above the room that we were originally booked in. What noise? we never heard any for the entire stay, the rooms must be very well sound proofed.

The staff here were fantastic, the food was amazing and the location allows you to walk the beach or walk the shopping area.

Essentially what is there not to like about this facility, things were pricey, but I have no issue paying if I get the service and the quality, and both were there at every turn.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Gavin S
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Aloha and thank you for your five-star review of Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club! We truly value your positive feedback and are glad to have exceeded your expectations. We hope to welcome back in the near future!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

If you are planning a family vacation, this is your place! The hotel is situated on Kalapaki Beach which is a breakwater protected bay. Waves are fun, but not overwhelming so beginners have opportunities to learn and practice surfing and stand-up paddle boarding as well as take outrigger rides. There are several sand volleyball courts where beginners, myself, can have a fun game with more experienced players, my grandchildren. The beach and pool are steps apart so being at the pool still provides one with the feeling of being at the beach. There are many wonderful onsite walking places that have beautiful ocean and mountain views.

The rooms are clean with cozy bed linens and towels that are changed daily. You can also get fresh beach towels every day at the pool hut. This is not a new hotel, but it is well maintained and has things many newer hotels do not, such as quality bathroom fixtures.Our family found the staff very helpful and pleasant. Between lounge chairs on the beach and at the pool, there is always some place to enjoy the sun.

The hotel is centrally located on the island so excursions to Waimea or Hanalei can be made easily. Our group had three cars so there were many trips in and out of the location. Because there is plenty of self-parking available, this was not a problem.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Judith G
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

We are delighted to have exceeded your expectations on your recent visit to Hawaii! Our team appreciates your positive feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us at Marriott’s Kaua'i Beach Club!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lihue
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club? Share your experiences!