“Fabulous Vacation for Families”

Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Lihue
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We just returned from 10 night stay at the Kauai Marriott - Lihue. We have stayed at their Maui Ocean Beach club and this resort far surpasses Maui's resort in that the views are spectacular and the hotel rooms/villas are ideally situated in walking distance to their many coffee/breakfast Starbuck style service which sits right on the balcony overlooking the Ocean and gorgeous pool. Our teens had a blast meeting up with other guests who also seem to come to Kauai regularly. The entire staff was outstanding in service and kindness!! We did several sports including scuba, zip lining, hike to Sacred Falls, kayaking, catamaran to Napili Coast and Luau at the hotel (Cocktails only) which was very intimate and FABULOUS. Costco was just up a mile and we bbq'd fresh fish, steaks, etc. a few evenings! The hotel restaurants including Dukes and Cafe Portofino were FABULOUS (and we are from San Francisco -so quite picky)!!

Room Tip: We preferred the "Ocean View" over the ocean front as the view was oustanding and in a bet...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dromoland

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I came to Hawaii for 12 days = 4 on Oahu and 7 on Kauai.

We loved the short drive from the airport to this hotel and the grounds were beautiful, as was the walk to the lobby to check in.

We had a 10th floor room in the Kilohana tower overlooking the beach. We had a 1 bedroom/2 bath unit which kind of puzzled me until we went up to the room and saw that they put 2 rooms together for us.

The first had a murphy bed which was turned into a sofa when not in use so that was like a living room for us and then also had the small kitchen area and full bathroom (shower only) on that side as well as a nice balcony with 2 chairs and table.

The other side was our bedroom and floor to ceiling windows as well as another full bathroom (shower/tub combo).

The room and bathrooms were nicely updated; but as others have said the hallways were old and a little shabby looking. Didn't really bother me though.

The pool was awesome but we only used it once (too much else to do!) and then the beach was nice, there were some waves but overall it was pretty calm. We prefer waves so we made sure to hit up some of the island's less sheltered beaches on our visit!

The gym was a little shabby looking but all the equipment was new and had everything I wanted; again, more strength training because why do cardio inside when you can run or walk outside on the grounds or go hiking?

The one thing I missed was filtered water stations or water fountains; I did find one water fountain nearby in the Wailele tower but in the gym it was the big bottles in the machine which often ran out.

We actually really liked this hotels location even though it was a little far from a lot of the things to do - since there is a lot to do on both sides of the island, this was right in the middle so you could get to either side in 30-45 mins for whatever you were doing. We drove to the West side more often (Waimea, Polihale) but enjoyed some time on the East side as well. (Lumihai, Kileaua light house)

We'd love to come back to Kauai and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sunnytropic84
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! We are happy to hear you had a nice Hawaiian honeymoon and that your villa was accommodating. The location of the resort is indeed strategic and we are glad it was helpful when navigating the attractions of the island. Your feedback regarding the hallways and the gym has been noted and will be shared with the appropriate managers. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here for my hubby's 50th birthday & absolutely loved it. We had an oceanfront room (rooms 1235 & 1236) and they had to be the best rooms in the entire hotel. We had an awesome view of the pool and the beach. It was lovely sitting on the balcony enjoying the incredible view (even the cruise ship one day lol). The staff were very accommodating, the hotel restaurants were good (especially dukes), and the renovations were tastefully done. The bed was comfortable and loved the room layout. It's so cool to wake up to the sounds of the ocean. It does not have a kitchen but we survived. I mean, hey we are on vacation, we want to eat out. I spent every day at the beach and occasional time at the pool/ hot tub. They are close to an ABC store so don't worry about dragging everything with you (it's a close walk). I had a red eye flight my last day there and they let me use the pool & complementary room to shower/change before my flight home. I didn't really care for their toiletries but i always bring my own so it wasn't a big deal. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor you can get, a corner room and 1235/1236 are amazing for the views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank blondevixen
Reviewed 25 June 2014

we arrived and had to wait a long time for our room, to our disapointment is was far and looked at a wall. What a great view. We asked to be moved, but no good. we traveled all the way from Chicago IL. to look at a wall. Because of this I cant think of anything nice to say. We been to Hi before and thought the people were the best. I guss i was wrong. I was going to buy a week every year, timeshare, but this unit runed it. we trave a lot, this was the worst of all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank blair l

Thank you for sharing your experience, Blair. We are sorry the view from your villa, which was very important to you, did not meet your expectations. We would like to invite you to contact our customer care office so we may speak with you regarding your issue in more detail. We can be reached by emailing Customer.Care@VacationClub.com or by calling 1-800-860-9384. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've been to the Marriott in Lihue twice and I've had a great time on both trips. The grounds are beautiful, the people are wonderful, the pool is fantastic, and the service is great. We have taken our 2 kids (12 and 13 now) on both trips and we all had a blast. It's Kauai after all, what's not to like.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aidsky
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife, mother in law and myself stayed at the Beach Club for 2 weeks and had a wonderfully relaxing stay.

Service was outstanding and we had up close issues with the room that required staff to come to our room for repairs. We stayed in a 2 bdrm/2 bath vacation club unit in the Kahili building that was perfect size for us. The main bedroom had issues with the air conditioning and it wasn't turning on so I went to the front desk and let someone know that when they had time to send someone up to take a look. Within 30 minutes we had 2 gentleman at the door ready to take a look. It was diagnosed as a failed fan compressor that would need a complete change out. We were heading out for the morning so we left the guys to their work. When we got back the room was cooling as expected so we were up and running once again. Service crew was apologetic about the problem but just glad it was resolved quickly so thank you for that.

We also used the concierge service to book 2 things and were well taken care of for both of them. Everything went smooth and as expected.

During our 2 weeks we explored the island but spent quite a bit of time around the amazing pool just soaking up the sun and relaxing. The pool area is so large that you can certainly find a place that suits your needs for the day....ours were pretty much away from the kids so we made it happen.

Duke's, Cafe Portofino, Kalapaki Grill and Kukui's poolside restaurant all provided wonderful food for whatever mood we were in.

Thank you for another great stay and look forward to our next one in the future.

Room Tip: Kahili building 7th floor gave us great views of the pool and beach...would recommend that if you ca...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank OPtravel4fun
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I spent 4 days at the hotel with my family. The hotel is in a fantastic location. The pool is amazing and the beach is perfect. The rooms were nice and spacious.

Kukui, the resident bird on property hadn't made an appearance during our visit. We all really wanted to see him. On our last day we asked the front desk and told them it was our last day. They called in a few favors and what do you know Kukui appeared within 20 min of our request. It was the icing on the cake of our trip!!

I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HavePillow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lihue
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club? Share your experiences!