“Fun introduction to sushi for kids”
Review of Genki Sushi

Genki Sushi
Ranked #66 of 119 Restaurants in Lihue
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Calgary
“Fun introduction to sushi for kids”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This restaurant is in Lihue's biggest mall, so don't look for scenic views. The sushi comes round on a conveyor belt, or you can order off the menu. Food is ok, and kids will enjoy the experience. Service can be slow.

• Visited August 2013

“GREAT FOOD”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We went there nearly every day for lunch. The food was good and reasonably priced. The service was a little slow but worth the wait.

Visited June 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Conveyor Belt Sushi!”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Dined here to celebrate a birthday in our group. It was a very fun, relaxed atmosphere. A'La Carte sushi travels around the restaurant on a conveyor belt. From your table, grab anything you wish to devour. The server comes around at the end and adds up the plates you took from the belt. Dishes each have their own colored plate to reveal their price.

Good idea for a group that will share different items with the table.

Visited August 2012
Kauai, Hawaii
“Never Again - A Local Customer”
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

I've watched this place decline since it opened. Most recently I watched the staff seat their friends at a table that I and my family waited on for 20 minutes. There's no mistake what I saw - they sat 2 guys who hadn't been there the whole time we waited nor did they even look at the list. Just a smile to the staff and they sat themselves right down. Uncool!
So after having eaten here maybe 15 times it's now gotten so bad that I won't be back. Considering how much pride a real sushi restaurant usually displays, this place is a disgrace.

• Visited April 2013
Lihue, Hawaii
“Slow service”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Interesting idea, the food comes around on a conveyor belt and you choose what you would like. When we went it was during lunch time so we had a pretty long wait, and when we got inside I could see why. There were very few selections on the conveyor to choose from. As I needed to get back to a training I had to settle on one selection of California Roll (ironic I was from CA) and a glass of water.

Visited March 2013