“Nice place -” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Naupaka Terrace Restaurant

Naupaka Terrace Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Naupaka Terrace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 116 Restaurants in Lihue
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the Kauai Beach Resort
Tampa, Florida
“Nice place -”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is located within a resort down the road from the Marriott we were staying. The atmosphere was really nice - outdoor terrace seating. The service was great and the food was really good. Nice salad bar. . . we split Huli Huli chicken and it was plenty for us - - they split it with a $6 charge but gave us each ample sides (grilled zucchini and asparagus) … well seasoned and overall great. Had a side of the brussel sprouts - yum.
Not sure why such negative reviews here, we would go back if we were here longer.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The buffet breakfast had a nice rotating variety including yummy bread pudding and omlets and I enjoyed the seafood linguini for dinner one night.

Visited May 2014
Shullsburg, WI
“Overpriced for the inconsistent service and average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Pros-Location was nice and the views very pretty if you are seated outside, I like this hotel property a lot, just not the restaurant onsite
Some of the wait staff had great service, they get what customer service was all about
Food was average to good depending on what you ordered

Cons- WAY OVERPRICED- I am used to Hawaii food prices, this is just ridiculous what they want to charge you for anything on the menu. Simple salad bar with a cup of soup and bread was in the upper $20 range. Breakfast buffet-over $20 per person.
Staff was very inconsistent regarding customer service. We had a wonderful male waiter-wish I could recall his name- understood what service was all about. Some of the hostess staff was also good. Others, not so much. One night we waited for about 15 min. at the hostess entrance for ANY staff to come by to seat us. When they finally did they explained EVERYONE was pulled back into the kitchen for a staff issue/ meeting- EVERYONE hostess, wait staff, etc. During the evening dinner rush- Really? Not the time to schedule a staff meeting.
Another night, we arrived for dinner at 8pm and they salad bar had several things all out- lettuce, soup etc. We asked the waiter and he went and made the kitchen aware and they did then restock everything, but only after we asked.

The final issue came our last night. It was a Friday night and they have Lobster specials on the menu which my husband and I were looking forward to. We both ordered lobster specials. The two other guests in our party ordered steak. They all added on salad bar except me. My husband didn't care to finish his lobster bisque so he gave to me the last few bites. The waitress, I think named Nicole, then rudely questioned me if I had the salad bar? I showed her I had no salad bar plate and was just finishing my husbands soup since he did not care for it. I then heard her speaking to the manager a few min. later about it and they were going to add a soup charge to my meal!! I found this incredibly ridiculous of course. I work in the service industry..... think about the big picture here. My husband and I both ordered the most expensive meal on the menu-Lobster which they charge $50 per person for. The other two in our group had steak and some cocktails-our bill was around $200 total. If I take a few bites of my husbands soup, does that really matter or require an additional charge? I don't think so. The other couple in our party didn't even get soup with the salad bar. This is the kind of ridiculous stuff this place does.
If you are staying onsite I hope you have a vehicle and can go offsite to eat. Otherwise be prepared to pay dearly to eat here. And get questionable service.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice selection, good service, great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Though a bit pricey, the food selection was nice. We had many fruit options, cereal options, eggs, potatoes, bacon, various breads, bagels, muffins, coffee, juice, etc. The terrace view is spectacular. Quick & friendly service.

Visited March 2014
Fayetteville, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service and sub par food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

The first time we ate there, we were ignored by the staff and had to ask several times to get some coffee. Finally, we were able to order eggs benedict. I have to say the eggs were great, but the delay in service was very unprofessional. A few days later, I decided to take my wife along with a business associate for dinner. The featured meal was lobster. Two of us ordered the lobster and the other the filet mignon. When our meals FINALLY arrived, the filet looked and tasted like a small tenderloin and the "grilled vegetables" was one lone asparagus stalk. The lobster was over done and we were offered no utensils to break the lobster. The wait staff was condescending and rude when approached about the steak cut discrepancy. I was quite disappointed with the food and service since the resort has been so accommodating.

• Visited March 2014