“BEST THING WE DID ON THE ISLAND”

Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours
Ranked #3 of 36 Tours in Lihue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Kauai’s most beautiful geographical wonders are inaccessible by roads or trails, and can only be viewed from the air! Discover the awe-inspiring beauty of this hidden paradise in comfort and style. All flights feature removable doors for any of our individual passengers. Our private helicopter tours of Kauai are for 1-3 people, guaranteeing that each passenger has a window seat. Don't share your helicopter experience in Kauai with anyone but your own special friends. Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours "The Private Helicopter Tour Company"
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

DOORS-OFF PRIVATE TOUR! It was well worth the money! My husband and I did a private tour for one-hour and had the best experience of our lives! It's an amazing experience. If you get motion sickness at all, definitely take medicine beforehand! I occasionally get nausea from motion, and almost vomited on the tour. (Don't worry - they provide bags:)).

MaunaLoaHeliTours, Manager at Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Oh no! We hope the sights were able to make up for the motion sickness! We hope our staff was able to accommodate everything you needed to make your flight an amazing experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,534)
All reviews
in 47 reviews
"great photos"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had two helicopters, doors off, with Evan and Blake. Without a doubt, the best experience of our lives!

Thank you for choosing our company to fly with, we truly hope you had an amazing experience!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife, sister in law, and I went on a doors off tour and it was the most amazing thing any of us did during our time on the island. We also did a Napali coast Catamaran cruise and hiked Wimea Canyon out to the coast, both of which i recommend and were amazing as well. However, this helicopter tour was hands down the most breathtaking views you can get and I highly, highly recommend this to anyone who can stomach flying in a helicopter. I don't remember our pilots name but he was great. Very knowledgeable and thorough. This is a must do in my opinion.

Aloha!

Sound like you had the time of your life, we are happy we were able to have you experience Kauai with us. It is such a beautiful place we are happy to share it with you. Once again thank you for choosing Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the minute we stepped into the helicopter our pilot Blake made us feel very safe, relaxed, informed and very entertained. His skill, professionalism and love of his job was very evident the minute we met him. We loved the privacy of the 3 seat helicopter, being into photography it was ideal for taking pictures from either side. I’d also highly recommend doors off for your flight, we did and it was very safe, exhilarating and a lot of fun. We’re very happy we selected Mauna Loa, and we would fly with them anytime.

Aloha!

Thank you for taking the time for a review. Blake is amazing, so happy he was able to make your trip one you will remember. Once again thank you for choosing Mauna Loa Helicopter tours.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I are visiting Kauai for the first time. We booked the doors off tour which was very scary for me but I’m so glad we did!! Evan was our pilot and he was fabulous!! He puts you at ease as you fly deep into the canyons right next to towering waterfalls. You learn about the history of the island and points of interest. I highly recommend seeing Kauai this way and absolutely thru Mauna Lau tours. You won’t regret it.

Aloha!

Thank you for choosing Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours! We are so happy you got to experience Kauai with us. Thank you again for choosing Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours.