“Fantastic!”

Mauna Loa Helicopters Tours
Ranked #3 of 34 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Private Kauai Tours with Mauna Loa Helicopters. NO strangers, no bad seats and we never cancel because the helicopter is not full like all other operators. Your reservation is yours and so is the helicopter! Each passenger chooses the seat they want and whether or not the door is on or off. Your Kauai helicopter tour will be that once-in-a-lifetime experience you will cherish forever and we don't think it is something most want to share with chatty strangers or looking over someones shoulder. PRICE is less than any "first class" seats on other operators and about the same as the discount operators because we don't stick you with tax, fuel surcharges, or airport access fees. Compare and you will find we are the best value and private is the only way to go. Visit any of our review sites and listen to our customers, they tell our story better than we every can. Mahalo and welcome to our paradise.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 25 January 2011

My husband and I took this tour on our last day in Kauai after several rainy/foggy days in a row. The company was great about calling us each morning to let us know if we'd be flying that day. Finally the weather cooperated! I was nervous about going doors off but the views were well worth it. Our guide was great, very knowledgeable and funny. Definitely recommend it as the perfect way to see this beautiful island!

1  Thank SusJoy

Reviewed 17 January 2011

If you are a couple - this is the only way to have your helicopter tour of Kauai. My husband and I took the tour with doors off and I definitely recommend it. It was great for photos as there was no glass in the way. The pilot was nice and turned the helicopter to make sure that we both had a chance to see major attractions such as waterfalls and whales in the ocean. We definitely recommend Mauna Loa and we could walk to the office for our tour from the Marriott hotel.

1  Thank Gina018
Reviewed 12 January 2011

My husband and I flew with Mauna Loa helicopters during our Christmas/New Years holiday on Kauai and they were great! We did a lot of research about the other companies, and this was the only one that you could fly privately with the doors off, and the price is comparable to the other companies, and there are no hidden fees. I'll be honest, we started out trying to make a reservation with another company, and they told us that they had to reserve the other 2 seats in the helicopter or they wouldn't fly! How can anyone make plans with a company like that? I wish I could remember the name of our pilot, because he was awesome! He had the perfect music playing the entire time, and made sure I could get the best photos of everything. The doors off is the way to go, it was windy, but not too bad. People with longer hair, just be sure to tie your hair back tight, mine got a little crazy by the end. My photos are spectacular, with nothing between the camera and the shot. I highly recommend Mauna Loa, doors off and private is perfect!

Reviewed 10 January 2011

Having never been in a helicopter the anticipation can be a little unnerving. The staff at Mauna Loa from the sales staff to the pilot were incredibly professional and put any apprehension at ease immediately. As for the flight, nothing short of amazing. Our pilot, Grant, was knowledgable, friendly and clearly loves what he does. Bring a camera and spend the extra dollars to do the "doors off" tour. We didn't, but still got great photos with a very basic digital camera.

Reviewed 6 January 2011

No better way to view Kauai! Absolutely amazing! Mauna Loa Helicopters offered great views with large windows and everyone had a window seat. The pilot and staff were friendly, informative and well organized.