“Course is great but staff sucks”

Ocean Course at Hokuala
Ranked #13 of 35 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Newly renovated Ocean Course winds its way through mango and guava groves to dramatic seaside cliffs and exceptional ocean views. The longest oceanfront golf in all of Hawaii! MSN Travel called the Ocean Course one of the world's twelve most beautiful courses. It's little wonder that the list of accolades for this Jack Nicklaus Signature track is as long as its string of holes that hug the Pacific. The Ocean Course offers the longest and most continuous stretch of oceanfront golf in all of Hawaii. It is a certain highlight of every visit. Recently renovated all 18 holes are in fabulous shape. Future enhancements include a welcoming new clubhouse on the inland waterway overlooking the 9th hole, along with a world-class practice facility. Both promise to take your game, and your vacation, to the next level.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The course us great but stay away from Joe at the clubhouse. Has such a poor attitude it makes you wonder what he us doing as the manager. Rickie and Melanie are awesome. Rickie is the starter and Melanie works the snack shop.

Kenneth K, Manager at Ocean Course at Hokuala, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Paul,

Thank you for visiting Kauai Lagoons Golf Club. We take your feedback seriously and appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. The experience you described is not typical of our golf course and I would like to personally address your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please contact me at 808-241-6095. As an alternative, you may private message me your contact information so I may reach out to you. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kenneth Kimura
Kauai Lagoons Golf Club
Golf Opeations Manager
808-241-6095

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Beautiful scenery overlooking the ocean. Plays tough depending on the trade winds.Enjoyable, but a little pricey.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Beautiful course. Extremely expensive, but when in Rome. I actually prefer Kiele over Princeville. Immaculately maintained course and challenging. Whether your a scratch golfer or a novice, if you get a chance to golf this course put it on your golfing bucket list.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I golf a lot and was extremely excited to golf in Kauai, me and a buddy headed off to Puakea golf and had a fantastic day at $55 a piece, this was the warm up before golfing Lagoons later in the week. We tried to get a hook up for Lagoons from our concierge but no luck, that means $120 each for an after noon round!!! We decided to go any ways, when we arrived there was no one to great us and we had to walk our clubs to the cart, we are used to this because we rarely golf $100 plus rounds. The lady inside was nice and got us out to the range fast. The range mats had mud in them and we're making a mess of our clubs. The front and back nines are 2 different golf coarses, I shot even par on the front and 6 over on the back, a pluged sand shot on 18 with a triple bogey. The ocean holes are very nice, but the dead greens on the front nine and the inconsistency on green speeds doesn't deserve $120. Puakea wins hands down for golf, if you want to get some good pictures take a helicopter ride it's not much more money than Lagoons

3  Thank Jbracerx
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We booked a 3 course package and started with Kauai lagoons. We then played Poipu Bay and last but not least the Makai! Golf in Hawaii is not cheap but well worth it if we are going to come all the way here!
Service, from the start to finish was friendly, efficient and professional. Very nice practice range. Taylormade men's club rentals were excellent according to my spouse. I brought my own.
The negative...The greens were not In good condition as they had been recently sanded but the fairways and spectacular ocean hole views made up for it....despite the fact that it is right by the airport. Was fun seeing a plane land as you were on one of the ocean coast putting greens. For the ladies...not too difficult of a course. For the men...a couple of interesting challenges! Good luck!